• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

spark plug? 's

tsudo5th

What outside temp should I use a colder or hotter plug? Which is the hot and cold plugs? A good plug gap would be? Ngk, champion or other bran better?

cordy

Ok the the lower the #the hoter the plug,the higher the # the colder the plug. #7 is hotter than #8.You being ca. You don't have seasons so stick with the nkg #7 and you should be good to go.Use the champion or autolite(you can do a cross reference)as a emergency spare if you cant get the cmh7.I get mine at napa.Hope this helps.Oh the gap .20-.25

G

I just run the 7. We don't have cold weather.

cordy

NO stay with the nkg.When and if you notice a difference in very hot weather(maybe a little harder to start)you can try the #8 plug.This is not gosple if it starts easy in cold weather leave the #7 in.The #8 is an alturnative.When using high rpm/heavy load or the temp. is very hot for long peroids use the cold plug.So for all around practicle purposes just use the #7 plug and you will be good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

rev9fan1

does anyone know the ngk part numbers for the temp range for the plugs?

Deluge

tsudo5th said:
What outside temp should I use a colder or hotter plug? Which is the hot and cold plugs? A good plug gap would be? Ngk, champion or other bran better?
You don't have to swap the plug according to outside temps. I run the same plug all year long. The lower the number, the hotter the plug and vice versa. Plug gap should be around .020". I've ran both NGK's and Champion's. Didn't notice a difference. Both are great plugs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts