• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

spark plug fire

Ive been told that the truck needs a glow plug igniter to starte. But if its a normal 2 strokeit should have its own point system of some sort can someone please enlighten me on this.

I havnt started or used my redcat yet because its been snowin the past 3 or 4 days. So im in the process of getting everything ready and checking the screws and stuff. I know from doing an rcs for about 15 years but never owned one this scale or with a somewhat normal motor instead of a nitro motor. Thank you all I LOVE this site so much helpfull info and seem to be good and helpfull peaple on here. THANKS TO ALL

Ildy666

No u don't need an igniter.it has a spark plug which makes its own spark off the coil.just like a weed wacker.just keep a couple of spare plugs around in case u foul one...u could buy three for the price of one glow plug.

andyken

The owners manual does say soomething about a glow plug, but it's wrong.

Also ngk makes a better plug than stock.

Did you get a killer b switch yet?

rampage idiot

Drews said:
Ive been told that the truck needs a glow plug igniter to starte. But if its a normal 2 strokeit should have its own point system of some sort can someone please enlighten me on this.I havnt started or used my redcat yet because its been snowin the past 3 or 4 days. So im in the process of getting everything ready and checking the screws and stuff. I know from doing an rcs for about 15 years but never owned one this scale or with a somewhat normal motor instead of a nitro motor. Thank you all I LOVE this site so much helpfull info and seem to be good and helpfull peaple on here. THANKS TO ALL
The chinese call a spark plug an igniter! :confused:

G

rampagemt said:
Ngk cmr7h is the plug to buy and stock up
Most automotive stores will carry them.

Thanks to all I got a box of them at my lawnmower shop for 2:50 a piece notbad thanks to all does anyone know the mucullock cross numbers ive been told they work real well wanted to try a couple I can get those evn cheaper if they hold up

andyken said:
The owners manual does say soomething about a glow plug, but it's wrong.Also ngk makes a better plug than stock.

Did you get a killer b switch yet?
yes i have it now the truck came with one but never even tried it to c if it worked ill pute with the rest of the parts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts