• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

So I took off the engine shroud...

Kaz the Minotaur

So I took off the engine shroud...and found a whole forest of grass and other debris around the cooling fins. :mad: I am in the process of putting screen on my pull start cover.

I was really surprised at how much stuff got packed in there...

Gas Jocky

While your at it you might as well put sreen on the bottom of the engine case to keep out the pebbles and grass, just as much gets in there too.

Timmahh

ya it only takes a bit and it piles up and in. ya, you have to do the vent holes onthe rear of the cases if you really want to cut it down alot. the PS helps, but only will stop about 20% of it, the remainder comes in from the vent holes behind the flywheel imo.

MOfroggy

I have stuffed foam like the air filter is made out of down around there and it has worked OK so far. No melting of the foam.......yet. 8 tanks so far. I also put foam in between the rail and the servo in the front and on the other side too. In addition to that I covered the holes in the frame with clear packing tape from the outside. All of this has cut down the ingress of grass by a whole bunch

Shiny

MOfroggy said:
I have stuffed foam like the air filter is made out of down around there and it has worked OK so far. No melting of the foam.......yet. 8 tanks so far. I also put foam in between the rail and the servo in the front and on the other side too. In addition to that I covered the holes in the frame with clear packing tape from the outside. All of this has cut down the ingress of grass by a whole bunch
You have to be careful. The foam will restrict the air flow throe that aria spicily after it get dirty. It can cause your engine to over heat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts