• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Snapped my first diff cup!

rampagemt

I snapped my first diff cup yesterday in the front diff. I realized it when it turned.good one way and not so much the other way Ohh well. I guess that's what happens when you up the HP and put hostile Mxs on. I am gonna try it rwd unrolled I can order new cups I know there cheap but Damn bills gettin in the way. When i take the diff out I gotta block the holes so I was gonna use some plastic with shoe Goo. Haha Damn stuff I use everywhere. And pull driveshafts off.the cvds and pull all stuff out till the layshaft. Hope it goes ok at least for a bit unrolled i can replace. I don't wanna pull anymore parts of the mt. When i get new cups will temper and then they should hold.

G

That sux. If you temper them that will help. If you sleeve them they will last even longer.

rampagemt

I have seen the video on tempering but when I did it I used a propane torch from walmart and did as the video showed. My diff cup shafts are black and not silver I really couldn't see the blue color from heating.

G

I have the pipe just has not been high on the priority list. LOL

As soon as I install a higher hp engine I will. I'm still running the stock unit in my MT.

Deluge

I was thinking about making some out of aluminum tube with a slightly smaller ID. Then I could just heat them up, slip them on the cup and let them cool for a tight fit. No welding required.

G

Deluge said:
I was thinking about making some out of aluminum tube with a slightly smaller ID. Then I could just heat them up, slip them on the cup and let them cool for a tight fit. No welding required.
If they are snug. Red locktite will also hold them on.

Deluge

Press fit works well without Loctite. Never had a problem with the DS Toobz on my 5T cups.

G

Deluge said:
Press fit works well without Loctite. Never had a problem with the DS Toobz on my 5T cups.
Yeah, those are great. I like the lip so they stop with out going on too far.

G

They will not fit any of the Redcats. It is simple to make your own.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts