• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Small pin - wheel mount hex

Corso

Anyone have any tips on how to remove the small pin in the attached pic? I tried briefly but couldn't seem to get it to move. I didn't try to hard cause I didn't want to make it more difficult than it needs to be. Figured I ask some of the veterans. Thanks.

Corso

Phill said:
There's a grub screw inside the hub that you need to undo first
Awesome. Thank you!

By the way, I ordered that belt drive kit you recommended.

Corso

Phill said:
No worriesYou'll love the belt

Quiet , smooth and no more shredded gears
Do you by any chance know how the ratio changes, if any? Not much info out there on it.

Phill

Corso said:
Do you by any chance know how the ratio changes, if any? Not much info out there on it.
If you've bought the same one as me it's 1:1

The standard DR is 1.06:1 so the belt will give a slightly higher top speed

Corso

Phill said:
If you've bought the same one as me it's 1:1The standard DR is 1.06:1 so the belt will give a slightly higher top speed
Cool. Pretty sure it's the same one... I ordered the kit from the guy in Germany. I should receive it tomorrow or Friday. :D

Ice_2k

Phill said:
If you've bought the same one as me it's 1:1The standard DR is 1.06:1 so the belt will give a slightly higher top speed
If you had 1.06 maybe it was because yours was actually an HSP if I remember correctly. My V3 DR has 0.987:1, so the belt drive would actually take away a little top speed.

Phill

Ice_2k said:
If you had 1.06 maybe it was because yours was actually an HSP if I remember correctly. My V3 DR has 0.987:1, so the belt drive would actually take away a little top speed.
Mine actually came with 25:35 but I changed to 29:31 teeth.

You must be running 31:29

Last edited by a moderator:

Phill

Ice_2k said:
29-31-26-24
Same as I had

I never change the C & D gears so don't bother taking them into account.

The belt allows higher revs so it's pretty similar

Ice_2k

But the belt drive replaces the entire a-b-c-d mechanism, right? So the ratio on gears offers higher top speed than the one on belt drive. Marginally, but still. I'm thinking about getting the "v8" version of the belt drive, which has multiple ratios, 0.9 through to 1.1

Phill

Ice_2k said:
But the belt drive replaces the entire a-b-c-d mechanism, right? So the ratio on gears offers higher top speed than the one on belt drive. Marginally, but still. I'm thinking about getting the "v8" version of the belt drive, which has multiple ratios, 0.9 through to 1.1
Theoretically yes but the less friction of the belt allows higher revs.

The V8 is always and option if you feel you need more speed.

One day I'll get the wife over her fear of flying the Phantom for me and do a vid.

After crashing my Thunder Cat a while back she's too scared to touch the controller on the Phantom and I can't control both at once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.