• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Small gas leak between gasket of exhaust and engine

ChuenouXiao

Hi XB racers!

Hey I need your help, my XB has a jetpro rear pipe and I notice that there is a little gas leak on where the exhaust is attached to the engine where the gasket is located. Not sure what its called but there is a little gas leak. Is this normal? How do I fix this? I have attached a pix below. I'm confident I have tighten the screws enough to where it shouldn't leak. Any suggestion?

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
Use some red high temp RTV silicone around the gasket that should seal it right up.
So what brand? What grade of RTV silicone? How do I apply it to the gasket? Where do I get it?

ChuenouXiao

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

It honestly doesn't look that bad. If you're worried about it, replace the gasket. Using sealant at this point would be a temporary fix, and buying a few exhaust gaskets is cheaper than a tube/can of sealant. I'd buy 4 or 5 just to have some spares laying around, and so shipping won't be so painful.

Zenoah Exhaust Gasket

DustyR3825

Banned
Deluge said:
It honestly doesn't look that bad. If you're worried about it, replace the gasket. Using sealant at this point would be a temporary fix, and buying a few exhaust gaskets is cheaper than a tube/can of sealant. I'd buy 4 or 5 just to have some spares laying around, and so shipping won't be so painful.Zenoah Exhaust Gasket
+1..........

jeffp83

These are the best exhaust gaskets available IMO, they seal great and can be removed and reinstalled quite a few times before replacing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts