• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

sloppy bearing fit in alloy upgrade parts

Clubin

Banned
I just installed my centre diff bearing carriers, the bearing fit was far from tight, I applied some shoe goo on the outer race of the bearing once I had the gear lash set properly and tightened everything up. They sure do look good.

misc088.jpg

misc089.jpg

mooman007uk

Banned
my parts were too sloppy to get the mesh as both bearings could move up and down in the bosses too much.

i see your pinion is the same as mine it sticks out from the crown gear, about 2mm, i tried moving it in so it all engaged but the pinion teeth bottom out as if they're a bit too long even though i still had a bit of backlash...I might try grinding them down a bit so they don't bottom out

Piranha2

Contributor
I just installed my gear plate and the bearings seem "ok".......but the 25/33-25/25 gears are off by 1/16" now.....hmm.....they were lined up with the plastic, now the center gearset is in that 1/16".....

Clubin

Banned
Piranha2 said:
I just installed my gear plate and the bearings seem "ok".......but the 25/33-25/25 gears are off by 1/16" now.....hmm.....they were lined up with the plastic, now the center gearset is in that 1/16".....
I don't think you got the washers back in the rite spot's. Mine lined up perfect.

Piranha2

Contributor
Huh???? Awwww....sh*t.....well I have to take it apart again anyways....forgot to install the anodized brake mount....what washers?....oh, wait I'll check out my exploded view that shows 500+ parts on it.......hey Clubin, what are you doing here?....don't you have some painting to do???....I'm going to do a desert racing theme......full sponsorship....lol

Clubin

Banned
Piranha2 said:
Huh???? Awwww....sh*t.....well I have to take it apart again anyways....forgot to install the anodized brake mount....what washers?....oh, wait I'll check out my exploded view that shows 500+ parts on it.......hey Clubin, what are you doing here?....don't you have some painting to do???....I'm going to do a desert racing theme......full sponsorship....lol
all done. http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=729&page=2

kun114

Piranha2 said:
Don't forget to move the grubscrews over to the new ali piece or you won't have any brakes and you'll be taking it all a part again.

Piranha2

Contributor
Phew, thanks.....all set...just checked the brakes! AOK! ....and my pinion shaft bearing is the only one that has just a little slop in it.

Piranha2

Contributor
Well, the sloppy bearing fit showed its ugly mug today :mad: ......the bearing on the inside of the 33/25 shaft is all but gone......33 gear ripped right through the gear cover.....talk about shutter at WOT :eek: so now I wait......was it the sloppy fit or just s%&t bearings?........ Do I get the 5 piece kit or the full 23?......FastEddy of course

Clubin

Banned
Piranha2 said:
Well, the sloppy bearing fit showed its ugly mug today :mad: ......the bearing on the inside of the 33/25 shaft is all but gone......33 gear ripped right through the gear cover.....talk about shutter at WOT :eek: so now I wait......was it the sloppy fit or just s%&t bearings?........ Do I get the 5 piece kit or the full 23?......FastEddy of course[/quoteI'd love to seea picture.
They are only metal shielded bearings and require a bit of maintinance. Yep, I said it they need to be cleaned and relubbed every gallon or so.

I am not a Fast Eddy fan, I have tried to deal with him a few times and was less than happy with the support. THey are rubber shielded bearings and should not require any maint for a long long time. I would probaly buy the whole set though, you will need them sooner or later, the spare's will never go to waste.

RampageHopUps

I will have to keep pinging FastEddy. I ordered both kinds, but he hasn't shipped yet. He must be busy. I will get ACER Racing to start packaging some up for us.

mooman007uk

Banned
I'm gonna try to see if I can get green boca's, maybe orange ones for the wheel bearings...i've the fast eddie gear plate one's already but used to run green boca's in my nitros, they make very good bearings. they're definitely my next fg upgrade cos I've little else to buy for it:rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts