• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Shocks

nik81818

So im having trouble getting the shock caps off any ideas? I saw a post about a guy milling a flat spot. Being I don't have a mill what else can I do?

newb here

RampageShop

I'd just use some vise-grips on the shock body and channellocks on the cap. Wrap some electrical tape around the shock body to protect it from the vise-grips.

nik81818

Re: Shocks

Tried the pliers still no luck I finally took a torch lighter and heated up the cap then used pliers to break it lose. Damn lock-tite

mulepic

I milled some flats on mine so I could get a box wrench on it. You could do the same w/ a dremel:

G

nik81818 said:
Tried the pliers still no luck I finally took a torch lighter and heated up the cap then used pliers to break it lose. Damn lock-tite
There should not be loctite on the shocks. Maybe it's cross threaded.

nik81818

Re: Shocks

Just locktite I can see it turn to liquid once I heat it up the threads are fine

G

No kidd'n......

I would not recomend reapplying.

Good to hear the shock is fine.

nik81818

Any ideas for filling em from the bottom instead of removing the caps? I tried to but the oring kept popping out when I tightened the bottom plastic cap. Any thoughts on y its doing that? Maybe filled too much?

mulepic

nik81818 said:
Any ideas for filling em from the bottom instead of removing the caps? I tried to but the oring kept popping out when I tightened the bottom plastic cap. Any thoughts on y its doing that? Maybe filled too much?
To get that o-ring back in I had to put more of a bevel on the shock body:

You can use a dremel or a file to do the same.

To get all the air out I unscrew the top.

G

This is a good one.

[ame]

[/ame]

vpalace

Any reccomendations for weight? I think I'm gonna refill my shocks. They seem to cycle down, but don't fully return. Feels like they are not full n

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts