• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Shock Towers

strodedawg

strodedawg said:
i have some ideas for new towers :D
here is what i would need for my towers (sort of specific to my build)rear towerA- Need 3 upper shock mounting position to fit losi five-t shock mounts -the shock mounts have a screw diameter of 5.7mm -has a footprint of a 12 mm hex - so the mounting area must be largerB- Keep the same rollcenter options but holes must be able to accept 5mm screwsfront towerA- shock mounting positions as rear towerB- instead of inserts for the upper arm, i need two roll center options that fit 5mm screws just like the rear in their place. - i have switched to upper links as opposed to the stock set-upi have attached some images to show the way the towers would look.reasoning: the xb-e suspension is almost a blown up version of the original rc8 suspension. the images are of rc8b towers which pushed that initial configuration to it max, before the rc8.2 came out. they put the shocks in a better position to handle bumps and is a more efficient means of dampening. i have raced an electric rc8 since they first came out and currently run a tekno v4 "rc8be". so why not try and enlarge those towers for the xb-e :D . as for the upper links, the losi five-t ones are stout, already on the rear and front upper camber links are ready. when i get the steering cranks they will be upgraded also. rear.jpg

front.jpg

rear.jpg

front.jpg

/monthly_2012_10/rear.jpg.6b7118286643d3963fc90e55fe48d3db.jpg

/monthly_2012_10/front.jpg.44a37c479d803c84f0b9b3084adedf42.jpg

G

strodedawg said:
cant upload pic for towers because it it slightly larger that what is allowedugh
If you use photobucket, it self corrects. No need to worry about image size.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts