• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Shock Rebuild

Guantanamo Joe

My MT is in desparate need of a shock rebuild (3 of 4). I have heard that the MT shocks are rebuildable. Is there a kit for this or how do I get the parts to do so?

krashkrieg

Contributor
Joe, You probably only need a standard rebuild...

Break them all down, empty old fluid, clean the O ring put back together and re-fill fresh fluid...Check to see that without spring you get about halfway rebound after full compression. Be Patient after filling as you are trying to remove all air bubbles..

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
My MT is in desparate need of a shock rebuild (3 of 4). I have heard that the MT shocks are rebuildable. Is there a kit for this or how do I get the parts to do so?
Are they leaking? If not just new fluid should be fine.

Guantanamo Joe

they have leaked out... 2 of them slowly and the third one had a lot of fluid and dirt at the bottom last time I ran... plus if you drop the truck on the ground the back end bounces... which tells me that there is no fluid in the rear :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.