• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Servos

rob

What's everyone running for there servos on the MT

Deluge

For throttle/brake I ran a Hitec 5645. For steering I ran dual Hitec 5745's, which are discontinued and have been replaced by the 5765's. I wasn't happy with the dual servo setup, so I ditched them and went with a single Hitec 5805. It did everything I asked it to and more. Very good servo.

rob

Thanks for the info I know there is a lot of info on servos on the forums but everyone is running different servos and I want the best servos for the MT also what is the advantage or disadvantage of running digital or are all servos digital now

Greggfromohio

I have...*

Hitec 645mg for throttle/brakes*

Dual Hitec HS-755mg for steering*

I know they might not be the "best" servos out there but they were affordable and have worked well so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

They're not all digital, quite are few are still analog. Digital servos are generally faster, stronger and hold their position a lot better than analog servos.

G

They can be quieter. The digital are smoother with less twitching.

I plan on going to a single servo in my MT. I am going to use the Hitec 1000sgt. It might be overkill, but it is an amazing servo.

Last edited:

rob

I might go to a single servo to because I want a bigger battery box the 1000sgt is an awesome servo but it's expensive. I wonder how hard it would be to fit that servo

G

It has a bolt pattern similar to the quarter scale size servos. It's just much taller. I think it will be easy to fit. Knock on wood....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts