• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Servo size

amstel78

What is the size of the steering servo in the Rampage XB? Is it a quarter-scale servo or giant-scale servo?

Specifically, does anyone know the actual dimensions? I searched online and could not find any measurements for the Redcat steering servo.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I'll measure one for ya later. The factory steering servos are between a 5755 & a 5805 in physical size.

amstel78

Thanks. I'm trying to determine what servo would fit and match up with the mounting holes.

G

None are a direct bolt in that I know of. The 5755 & 5765 are a direct bolt in with the Redcat aluminum servo mounts.

G

That's the part. FYI it's about $10 less at rcpitstop.net

You can also just drill two new holes in your plastic mount. That's what most do.

G

Here is a 5755 and a Redcat steering servo. You can see about the same length but a bit narrower.

-

amstel78

Thanks for the comparison pictures RCDAD, that was very helpful.

amstel78

I noticed that the stock steering servo's throw is weaker when turning to the left then when turning to the right. I will end up replacing the servo soon but was wondering if this was typical?

G

I never noticed that. The servo might be on its way out.

amstel78

RCDAD said:
I never noticed that. The servo might be on its way out.
I wonder if this might have something to do with the steering link? I had to extend the link in order for the XB to track straight with neutral trim. As a result, when the front wheels are straight, the servo horn isn't pointing straight up at 90 degrees.

The servo seems to be quite strong when the ATV on the TX is increased but binding will occur.

I guess I'll run it until it quits then slap in a Savox 1/4 scale servo to replace it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

amstel78

Does the XB come with the rectangular servo plate for use with Futaba servos? I see it included if you buy the servo mount assembly but don't recall actually seeing it included with the stuff I got with buggy. It's the small rectangular piece with straight edges as seen in the middle of this picture.

amstel78

rampagemt said:
No you will have to purchase the servo mount that's what I did works good
Good to know.

I'm actually thinking of dropping in a Hitec 805MG instead of the Savox I was originally planning on buying. The dimensions of the 805MG are bigger than the 5765. It may be the same size as the Redcat servo but I'm not positive. Do you know if the 805 will fit?

rampagemt

Ya it fits I can't remember exactly what I had to do . I would have to look I do know its bigger then tie 5755 and I didn't need a mount. I would if I were you order your servo you might not need the servo mount as I git a 5755 in my xb and I put a 5805 in the wife's xt. I can look more if I get time to help you out

amstel78

I picked up an 805BB (nylon gears) for 20 bucks brand new today so I'll try that until the gears strip. Replacement gears are only 8 bucks so it's worth a shot. I've read some folks using the 80BB in their Baja's without issue. Not sure how well the nylon gears would hold up. I'm not sure why Hitec didn't offer the 805 with Karbonite gears, but would certainly have preferred that over the nylon.

amstel78

Wow, that thing is huge. Wouldn't it line up with the holes in the main bracket if you don't use the two smaller servo mounting tabs?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts