• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

servo question

RampageCrazy26cc

last year my rampage radio system burnt,the rx,both steering servos and the battery,burnt,so i bought a new steering servo and put a traxxas rx in and been happy ever snice,i have the one steering servo under the battery box.

the problem,is when i turn left the servo arm is hitting the battery box,is this normal or not?

G

Not normal. If you are just running one it would be easier to have it on the right side.

RampageCrazy26cc

RCDAD said:
Not normal. If you are just running one it would be easier to have it on the right side.
i tryed to put it on the other side the other day,but it wouldnt line up with the steering assby.

are the servo horns left and right?

G

RampageCrazy26cc said:
i tryed to put it on the other side the other day,but it wouldnt line up with the steering assby.are the servo horns left and right?
No. You can install the horn after the servo is mounted.

- Mount the servo.

- Power on so it centers.

- Install arm pointing straight up. The linkage can bolt to the bracket off the arm if needed.

- Some servos require you run them on the reverse setting on your radio.

RampageCrazy26cc

RCDAD said:
No. You can install the horn after the servo is mounted. - Mount the servo.

- Power on so it centers.

- Install arm pointing straight up. The linkage can bolt to the bracket off the arm if needed.

- Some servos require you run them on the reverse setting on your radio.
did all that but the arm coming off the servo didnt want to bolt to the steering assby

oldman1964

the reason i say this is i just installed the same one my mt today, i put it in withe horn towards the front of truck and the linkage didnt line up. (this is for the servo on the right side)

G

Do you mean too far away or too close? You can turn the servo around.

G

oldman1964 said:
the reason i say this is i just installed the same one my mt today, i put it in withe horn towards the front of truck and the linkage didnt line up. (this is for the servo on the right side)
Horn should be on the back side of the servo.

rampagemt

Re: servo question

If the horns on the back side it should line up unless the steering link is shortened... Might have to turn it to make longer or shorter

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts