• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

servo end points?

Graeme

Hey guys i installed hitec 645mg for brake and thottle but it has a lot of swing i wanded to no if u can set the end points with stock transmitter or do i need to do somthing else. I also had to reverse thottle swich and rebind recever for failsafe. Any help would be sweet!

Deluge

You can adjust the linkages. On the throttle side there are two collars on the linkage. Loosen them up so when you pull the trigger on the transmitter, they just slide. Now, push the throttle linkage so the carb is at full throttle, hold it and pull the trigger on the transmitter. This will push the collar to the correct position on the linkage, now tighten it up. Now when you pull the trigger, it should give the carb full throttle without pushing further. The second collar should be back far enough so when you brake it's not going to pull on the throttle. The brake side is easier, there's just one collar and a spring. Loosen up the collar and hit full brake, push the collar so there's a little tension on the spring and then tighten it up. This way you'll still get full brake without making the servo work too hard. If you want more brake, just put more tension on the spring. Most people replace that spring with a piece of fuel line for more consistent braking, but that's personal preference.

Hope this helps, it's hard to explain how to do it without actually doing it.

Here's a pic of the collars. Little hard to see the brake collar, but it's there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graeme

When i do that it push to hard on thottle rod and bends it. With a better transmitter can set servo end points? Or maybe i am still not doing somthing right.:confused on this.

rcgasser

if it pushing to hard on the rod and it bend do you have your servo horn centered with the servo horn centered there should not be any bend to cause the bend its pushing to far.

Deluge

I assumed you had your servo horn properly centered. Remove the servo horn, turn on the transmitter and then the receiver. Your trim setting on your transmitter should be at zero, if it's not, turn the knob until it's at zero. Then place the horn back onto the servo as close as you can to straight. Refer to the pic I posted, it should be back in that position. Now your servo is almost perfectly centered and can be adjusted by the trim knob, if needed.

Now just repeat the steps in my first post to adjust the linkages. I would make a video but I've completely converted to brushless and I don't have any proper examples.

Actually, I might still have my Baja linkages. I'll look when I get a chance and see if I can set something up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts