• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

serious complaint redcat need to listen to and think about

auto2

ok i LOVE my xbe. i keep it in my trunk everyware i go. its my favorite RC by far! BUT and redcat are you listening???? the tires foam SUCKS. i repeat SUCKS!!!. get my point? after about 30 minutes run time the foam turns to dust. i could blow the foam in your face and make you sneeze. tire foam is not supposed to blow in the wind. theres a song about blowing in the wind but thats not the point.

i don't mind you making a different size tire and mounting than the "norm" ( or most popular" thats ok.

i don't mind you charging a lot of money for tires(not saying you do). thats ok too (not nice but ok)

but your tire foam is defective NG junk not usuable.just plain bad.

PLEASE do something about this. (like make good on it)

also IF you decide to make a special size rim and tire then by all means make optional tires and different tread patterns so you can make MORE money selling tires ( which is ok)

you woouldn't make an engine that the piston distengrigated and turned to dust so why make a tire that does the same.

ok I made my point. rant over.

even if you decide to NOT FIX this problem how about selling RIMS seperate. tires seperate and a optional molded foam that works. wow now your making more money selling more stuff.:)

BTW i ran my XBE on the oval track today and beat every other car out there. 8th scales 1/10 scales . it was flying till the foam dissapeared again on a new set.

krebidoux

don't feel bad buddy, i've lost 3 tires on my xb. one tire rounded on the inside and the other 2 came off the back of the car. i was racing around in the dirt and had the backend sliding and the rim pulled right off the car, wheelnut and washer was still on. the plastic they use is too thin and soft. i've went to the hpi wheel adaptors cause i ain't waisting any more money on they're junk wheels. the last one was 5 minutes old, not worth the money i paid.

auto2

problem is hpi tires are larger diameter and screws up my gearing. i don't need a 60 MPH 5th scale on a track i can only go 35 on.i have 10/48 gears oh and im on 8 tires unusable cause the foam disintegrated.

Stricnine

well this may or may not work. im cheap and if u have unusable tires cuz of foam try that spary can foam sealant stuff, i thing red devil makes it but theres differ brands too. u might put some tape on the inside rims so the foam doesn't stick to them. and then cut or drill a small hole and fill them up with that foam sealant and wait for it to dry then remove excess from the hole.

it might work, i filled my old riding lawn more tires up with that stuff and it worked fine. didnt have to air them up every time lol. let me know if u try it.

Obeast44

Banned
Just boil the tires off the rim and replace with a pool noodle. It takes some time, and very little $$. Its definitely worth repairing the stockers. My only gripe is stripping the wheels out. Ugghhh.

Luckily Noyb hooked me up with a set of badass alloy rims. Now I just gotta figure out im gonna get them mounted because of the short threaded stub on the axles.

k.jensen

I can't really say that I have had ANY troubles with my tires, they are almost as new, and I run it on everything!!!

no foam died on me yet.

krebidoux

come to think of it i had 1 foam go in one of the tires. the pool noodle thing works great for awhile, we use them in our baja tires but they break down after a season of pounding. where did he get the alloy rims?

auto2

Obeast44 said:
Just boil the tires off the rim and replace with a pool noodle. It takes some time, and very little $$. Its definitely worth repairing the stockers. My only gripe is stripping the wheels out. Ugghhh. Luckily Noyb hooked me up with a set of badass alloy rims. Now I just gotta figure out im gonna get them mounted because of the short threaded stub on the axles.
yoou said boil? as in 212 degree water? i though CA glue needed like 300 degrees? i put mine in the toaster oven at 300 for 5 minutes a side. just make sure the wife/girlfriend isnt home lol.when they start to smell like dinner or you see smoke take them out.

How do Hot Stuff glues hold up to heat?

Tested by exposure for 5000 hours, Hot Stuff glues retain 100% initial bond strength at 140 F (60 C), 75% at 176 F (80 C) and 25% at 212 F (100 C). The glue will start to soften and come apart at 330 F.

Last edited by a moderator:

lateralrectus

buy some redcat to hpi adapters (rampage hopups) and put hpi rims/tires/foams on your car. I have a leopard 1090 kv on 8s in my xbe, and the hpi tires/foams (stock on the baja 5b) hold up fine. this car is a rocket with 12/48 gearing

ImminentFailure

I know you said you don't want a rocket, nor do you want to change gearing. Sadly sometimes a part of what a company's makes end up being crappy. Getting it changed when they are selling a 1/5 scale for 600-700 bucks isn't likely. In the RC hobby pretty much every model has some part that isn't up to snuff. I don't forsee redcat going industry standard on hex + beadlock wheels anytime soon.

The XBE tires are nice for the vehical in all aspects other than the foam. Your best solution is the already mentioned pool noodle cost wise.

Best long term solution if you love the XBE is to go hex for more variety, and adjust your pinion to maintain the same ratio. There are roll out calculations that will let you compute your FDR. I think the gear boxes are 3:1. OR just go the Test & Temp route.

auto2

i have the 1717 which is 1500 KV which makes the hpi tires a problem top speed wise at 10/48 on 6s . man your car must be sick on 8s with a lower KV motor.

auto2

ran mine today geared 10/48 with 2 fans on the 1717 with hpi tires on 6s and the motor finally ran cool. mmm was 130 and motor 148 after 5 minutes on an oval track.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts