• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

second time running... problems

MIKEspoon

So I just got in from running the car for the second time.. not running it hard just in the parking lot at my house. First run was great everything was fine, this time a little more white smoke but I figured I might have put in a little to much oil but I doubt it. It's not real responsive and bogging down when starting up from a stop. And ideas? Also I brought it up to my balcony to cool off after and tried to push it and all four tires are locked up, I really hope the gears didn't shit the bed already. Fml..

Mike

G

Take the cover off so you can take a look. Also, every once and awhile, a set screw backs out on the brake hub. It can bind against the brake shoes.

G

Tiny screws into plastic, it's inevitable sometimes. You can run without the cover like GJ said. You will eventually want to upgrade the gear plate to an aluminum version and then it won't be an issue anymore. :)

MIKEspoon

I have an arsenal of tools at work, I'm an elevator mechanic.. wasn't aware I'm gonna need just as big of a set up at home for this car lol

G

It will require work on a regular basis. That's half the fun! :) I spend as much time wrenching as driving.

MIKEspoon

Agreed that is all the fun. Time to invest in more tools and a dremil finally lol

G

desismileys_6666.gif Having the right tool when you need it will help get rid of the frustration.

G

Yep, needs to be tuned.

If you are running the stock carb there will always be a slight bog or lag when you go to full throttle. That's just for a split second, though.

G

The stock carb is kind of hit or miss. They can run just fine. Like I stated there will be a slight hesitation when you slam on the throttle. It only needs to be replaced if you have a hard time getting it to hold a tune or if you become addicted to performance like so many of us are. :D

Deluge

MIKEspoon said:
So I just got in from running the car for the second time.. not running it hard just in the parking lot at my house. First run was great everything was fine, this time a little more white smoke but I figured I might have put in a little to much oil but I doubt it. It's not real responsive and bogging down when starting up from a stop. And ideas? Also I brought it up to my balcony to cool off after and tried to push it and all four tires are locked up, I really hope the gears didn't shit the bed already. Fml..Mike
Sounds like you need to lean out the low speed needle, a bit.

I Run with the plastic gears plate for a lot of run , and i don't have problem , when i receive my xb i swap immediatly the bearings for fasteddy bearings !

and for the stripping , put AC glue on the hole and put your screw , its the only way for rebuild the screw patern

G

Jack Lagachette said:
I Run with the plastic gears plate for a lot of run , and i don't have problem , when i receive my xb i swap immediatly the bearings for fasteddy bearings !
It will be interesting how it holds up. I've always wondered if the failing bearings that break the plate or if the plate cracks first and binds up the bearings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts