• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Sand Proofing

laxbro19

Hey guys, I'm going to be going up to Silver Lake for the 4th and plan on bringing my dr to run in the dunes. Anything i can do to keep as much sand out as possible? I was just thinking of making a screen netting type thing to cover the chassis and roll cage. Anything else that can be done?

Blackout

I made this netting for my MT. After a full tank of bashing at the beach I think the results are pretty good.

Since then I have made a more aesthetically pleasing version which will let less sand in s well as other debris. I can also improve this by adding another layer of netting on top if I wanted.

ozibuggybasha

Great idea I found some 125um nylon mesh the other night on ebay but struggled to get my head around how to fit it to the chassis and put it in the "to hard" basket. This appears to have some form of stretchy cord. Am I right? My use was for the Trailblazer/shredder xb. Being electric protection for bearings and fans etc was my worry.

laxbro19

Just got back from Silver Lake which was a blast!! The dr with 5t paddles on the rear and proline 5t trenchers on the front rips in the sand. I did make a half ass netting to go over the chassis and roll cage. It actually worked quite well to keep the sand out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts