• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Sand Paddles

Chief409

Ordered a pair of HPI 5T paddles and Split Six wheels. Any suggestions for the best foam to use.

local150

i just put them on my Baja and used the stock foam inserts from a set of Trencher tires. havent run it yet and now the snow melted

Chief409

Thanks for the info. After Large Scale ships the wheels and tires, I'll look around for some Proline foams. There's miles of sand east of here, called the Mojave River, to run on.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

They run without because the sand shortens the lifespan. You can glue the paddle to the rim. It must completely seal. It will then hold air like a 1:1 tire. I'd just throw some inexpensive foams in and replace them in a year or two. Just easier IMO.

Chief409

I'd bet it must be guys running sand drags and rebuilding engines every day running without foams. I don't intend to get that serious. Foams it is.

Chief409

Tires and rims should arrive tomorrow. Then I'll know for sure which foams to get. I think 190X70 is correct, rather be sure before I place an order.

Chief409

Tires are 190X70, but finding the foams in stock is tough. RC Superstore had 'em for $35 including shipping.

5T paddles are the same diameter as the Trenchers, at the tip of the paddles. After the foams arrive I'll head to the River and try 'em out. Trenchers front, paddles rear.

Haven't had a 2WD in years except the Bandit, but I'm getting ready for a 1/5 2WD buggy build around Christmas. Only have 5 in the garage, NEED MORE! :)

Chief409

One of the things waiting for me when I got home were the foams for the paddles. Put everything together tonight. The HPI foams are heavier then the foams in the Proline Trenchers, the paddles should dig in nicely and fly with enough power and the Trenchers on the front on loose sand. Can't wait to try them out!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts