• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rovan motor???

GTS 666

The stock drive train will handle that there is no way its 3 times more powerful than a HY 30.5. I would spend my money on upgrading to a 4 bolt Zenoah though you will be a lot happier IMO.

rcgasser

Same power as the stock it just has 4 bolts instead of 2 do as others have said if you are going to upgrade to a better motor then this.

nik81818

Re: Rovan motor???

3.8kw @ 10000rpm and the stock motor is 1.3kw@ 12000rpm am i reading this wrong?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

G

I don't think either is correct. I don't believe they are dyno tested.

nik81818

Re: Rovan motor???

Gotcha im just trying to learn bout these rcs thanks for the input ill prolly look into the zenoah more seem to b a good upgrade from reafing these forums

newb here

G

Why did you title the thread Rovan Motor? It looks like OBR to me. ;)

OBR has some great motors.

G

For a Rovan motor I'd say no way.

For an OBR motor I'd say hell ya!

alfred e numan

some where round here is a kdx 220 shop manual---- here it is! -- lets see-- units of power: KW - x - 1.341 = HP. Units of torque. KG-M - x -7.233 = FT-LB. according to my abacus-lol- the venrable hy 30.5 produces 1.47 hp @ 12,000 rpm.- I really think the factory should have me over there for the dyno run-- I would have leaned the carb out a bit-lol! yea, 1.25 ft lbs of torque @ 12,000. - damm, i wish the kdx would have been 20 pounds lighter--- would have kept it---

alfred e numan

well-- the abacus broke. soo- back to the texas instruments calc. - 3.8 kw x 1.341 = 5.0958. five horses.- thorbreds i assume-- this has gotta be the obr---

8530new

looking at doing the same with my dunerunner,looking for an upgrade for an engine. ive talked a little bit with the guys at daves discount motors,and still looking for more input as to more power as well as speed,ive seen alot of different things posted....soooo...any help would be greatly apreciated

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts