• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rockslide RS10 1/10 Scale Crawler in stock now

lilschtick

amazing truck

I bought the redcat rs10.. I'm very happy with it however i did burn up the front motor already. Do to the fact that the hex's that are on the axel's are not machined very well. they got pushed into the bearing and made the front almost immposible to turn by hand...I think if you take a file to the back of the hex's you can file it down so the hex does not get so close to the beering and make the wheels freeze up i'm not sure yet i'm working on that now. either that or get aftermarket hex's for all 4 wheels...which is not a very big deal just wanted some people to know.. And i'm also having a hard time finding an aftermarket replacement motor for the truck do to the fact the motor is a smaller size (380). Someone has told me that they make a kit to be able to put the bigger motors on the redcat. Other than that i'm still very happy with the rs10...and would tell other people to buy this truck!! The rs10 is a beast...the 4 wheel steering is a big PLUS. I dominate other comp. trucks with my stock rs10!! any suggestions on what to do??? any upgrades that anyone thinks should be done?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete379

Go over to rccrawler.com and do a search on the redcat crawler, there are a few threads about it and if I'm not mistaken I think somebody did a mod so you can run the bigger motors.

wl7me2000

Got mine in June for $110.00 off ebay. Has worked great until now. I think the cheap controller went TU on me. It came with a 7.2 volt 6 cell 1500mah battery. The LanSu electronics are not real impressive though

wl7me2000

I am fairly new to the hobby,but I am impressed with the Rockslide. Although I need the bigger battery. The 6 cell (1200mah) only lasts about 15 to 20 minutes of hard crawling.

Obeast44

Banned
Are you guys members on www.rccrawler.com ? Theres an RS10 Specific Sub-forum there with all kinds of useful information. Its definitely worth checking out :)

krawlerking

i just got a r10 today and my buddy has what i thought a bad ass crawler from axial..mine out climbed on dirt hills on rocks. and pulled his around in a pull contest. my tires are way softer too.. his truck is still awesome with a 26 turn motor...oh the clod stall is HORRIBLE how can i eliminate this?? gearing down would make me loose wheel spin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.