• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Restore my confidence in my XT

DonJoJo

wutsup gents< i got back into 1/5 scale very recently and purchased a brand new XT from my hobby shop. I had owned one FG Monster Truck and 2 HPI Bajas.. One 5B and the 5T as soon as it came available.. I got pulled out of the fun about a year ago and sold all my kits.. Things are back to normal now at work and i decided to treat myself to a new toy. After looking at the RedCats on you tube and seeing how much everyone seems to enjoy them I decided to invest in the XT model. For the price i guess i got what i payed for. Not even two tanks thru i totally exploded the left rear wheel bearings to when i removed the wheel, a hundred little balls fell on to the floor. Replaced them and on the third tank i lost my brakes 100%.. i know more than enough about R/C mechanic to see that the entire brake assembly is visually perfectly in tact. It is a mystery why they arent working.. I can manually rotate the brake cam 360 degrees without it coming in contact with the rotor. While everything is where its supposed to be.. And there is no section in the manual that tells me if im overlooking something.. Im not complaining just want to hear someone say once i beef up the neccessary components i will have a sturdy well built kit.. I also know that you don't see a 4wd 1/5 scale for under 1300$$. so that in its own is a plus..So if anyone else has experienced a little frustration right out of the box pleas share with me and let me know it will be alright!! Thankssss

DemonRC

Adjust the brake adjustment setscrews like I said on the other thread and get some 7075RC knuckles which use bigger 22mm bearings and you should be good to go. The only other thing would be to upgrade from plastic gears to metal gears.

Triggerman77

Contributor
XT's are just in the V1 stage hopefully they get some Well needed Revisions and when a V2 comes out its Tuff as a box of nails LOL. Their are several probs i have seen outta the box but Nothing Really major on mine. But My Buddys Did the same exact thing as yours with the breaks Just went but everything was in tact and No breaks also his battery melted down Wires, Receiver and Redcat sent him all new stuff and no prob since !

Ima MT guy Myself But if the XT V2 comes out Beefed up!! I will be trying another one ! Or my 11yo son will :)

DonJoJo

Demon, right after i posted this thread i was reading around and i saw ur post about the set screws.. sure enough both of mine were absent!! I scrounged up two longer ones, locktited them in place and they seem to be perfect now!! thanks alot! I knew what needed to be done but since my screws were gone and the holes are hidden unless u know what ur looking for i never would have found them!! i was thinking of how to get stiff springs on to the shafts that hold the plates on but the set screw does the same thing!! again thanks for pointing that out.. and trigger i hope there is a bunch of beefed up modds on the way as well!! thanks fellas

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts