• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Removing XB wheel hubs?

CTGT2005

I'm trying to remove the wheel hub from the driveshaft and it seems that its on there pretty good. I'd like to check out the wheel bearings. What is the trick to getting it to come apart?

Cajun

I just removed the front bearings today, I had to use a socket and some gentle taps to remove them off the drive axles and I could tell the bearings had some rough spots in them. But unhook the assembly where you can remove the back side of the drive axle and give it a few taps

CTGT2005

I had to use a little heat but I managed to get them loose. I guess there was a bit of excess loctite around the axle.

CTGT2005

I was comparing the the factory 19x10x5 bearings to some 22x10x6's, the type that are used in the aftermarket upgraded hubs, what a difference. It's no wonder why these things blow apart after a few runs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts