• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Reminder: Winter Rebuilding

hamster huey

Well its been under 50 degrees here for over a week sometimes with rain. I am planning on tearing down both of my Ramps, my rc8be, rc8te, and sc8e during mid to end November. I have little to no spending money Nov to April because my job is seasonal. Rebuilding is a cheap way to still enjoy the hobby. The cold is here a month earlier than normal and it rains almost all spring here so it looks like my rc season is over earlier than expected. Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar is a great time for all of us to get ready for the new season. I will be straightening my chassis, oiling bearings, inspecting everything for damage, installing new wheels/tires, checking the suspension, changing diff/shock oils, dissassembling/cleaning everything. May be adding a front/rear chassis brace to the ramps (money permitting). Next spring all of my cars will be like new and ready to go!

fastlane

Team Driver
smart move. I have the ability to run damn near all year round and I rebuild when I break stuff. You have an advantage over me. It never gets too cold around hear only too wet sometimes.

hamster huey

I did not forget the Ramp MT tires make good snow tires. If I run anything rc this winter it will be my Ramps but thats it. None of my associateds are h20 friendly. There are smaller h20 proof cars but smaller=cant go in as deep as snow as the Ramp. I cant wait to see everyones winter vids!

Sprint 77

Contributor
I like my Winter playland here in Texas LOL mostly sunny - partly cloudy and 60,s most of the winter season. That's my kind of winter , I have done the Indiana winters when I was a kid. You all can keep that S$#w white powder up there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts