• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

redcat steering carriers and rear bearing carriers

bigblkblazin

Has anyone ever tried these ?? I know the 7075rc sets are the best but why are these not a viable option ?

G

They are OK, but use the small bearings. They are similar in cost and you would need to run a more expensive bearing.

rob64n

Contributor
plus it's a 50/50 shot if the machining matches the bearing, sometimes the bearing fit is a little sloppy. One thing I can't stand is a wobbly wheel

G

All the ones I've touched are tight. You have to apply a small amount to snap the bearing in the carrier. However, the axles don't fit as snug.

Mike6000

I just put on the redcat front and rear bearing carriers/ hubs, if your referring to the rear set upright mount, I had the same question it seems they could go either way, I chose the forward facing position, no real reason just seemed better... And some assembly lube will help you pop the bearings in and the axels, your linkages are going to be way off after installing these so you'll have to adjust them for proper camber. If your installing the front carriers watch the bolt length my stock ones were grinding the cva's so I shortened them, and watch the locktight doesn't back up in the shims because they will bind when it dries... Otherwise I like them they perform better and improved my steering.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts