• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Rampage MT Pro V3 - How can I get way more POWER!

Yannik

Hi Guyz,

My name is Yannik. I just bought my first Redcat Rampage MT Pro V3 with a DDM Dominator Pipe and I was wondering how could I make this Monster go Nuts?? Can you guyz give me some Tips on how to get the Most Power out of this Machine ?

Thasnks in advance,

Yannik :)

Slasher

Contributor
Yannik said:
Hi Guyz,
My name is Yannik. I just bought my first Redcat Rampage MT Pro V3 with a DDM Dominator Pipe and I was wondering how could I make this Monster go Nuts?? Can you guyz give me some Tips on how to get the Most Power out of this Machine ?

Thasnks in advance,

Hello i would get a new pipe and 8000 Rpm Clutch Spring To Start

look Here

Pipe

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.5733/.f

High Response Clutch Spring Set

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.61/.f

rob64n

Contributor
simple buy the esp race ported 28.5cc head kit, stock 28mm stuffer crank, and the wt813 carb, but still not sure why guys are stuck on that 8,000 rpm spring it's just not needed, bump it up to a 7,000 rpm and it will do awesome..

largescalerc has the 7,000 rpm spring

LEADFOOT

Yannik said:
Hi Guyz,

Thasnks in advance,

I have a DDM Dominator pipe on my 26cc "Fuelie" (is this the engine you have?) which gives it the biggest power increase for the dollar.

..another thing I did was start running a fuel mix that gives me way more power than just regular gas/oil mix, on the top end especially.

Start learning about mixing fuels, 'cause that can give you a huge power increase too.

Yannik

LEADFOOT said:
I have a DDM Dominator pipe on my 26cc "Fuelie" (is this the engine you have?) which gives it the biggest power increase for the dollar.
..another thing I did was start running a fuel mix that gives me way more power than just regular gas/oil mix, on the top end especially.

Start learning about mixing fuels, 'cause that can give you a huge power increase too.
I have the 30 cc engine in it. I don't know if it have a huge difference in the power between your 26 cc and my 30 cc eng. By the way, do you know if there's a better brand of oil to put in this Truck? I have seen some oil on Ebay specially for the Baha Truck and I believe you can use it as well for the Rampage MT. I was looking today at some custom paint on body incase and I found a guy that is doing crazy work so if it interest you, try this address: www.adrcracing.com .... Let me know what you think! :)

racetruck

rob64n has a 30cc and 28.5 engine i run a 23cc the 28.5 is the fastest! my 23cc runs better than the 30cc what we think the 30cc don't have the high rpm needed for racing and jumping :D

ribbystorm

Hi Guyz,

Thasnks in advance,

Yannik

guys if he has the mt pro v3 it allready has a 30 cc stock on it and a dominator pipe theres actually not to to much more he can dopo that should scream with a 30 cc and a dominator pipe but then again i am new so i would really love to know to cause i got a pro with a 30 cc and a tuned pipe and i would love to get mine faster even thanks guys

ribbystorm

rob64n has a 30cc and 28.5 engine i run a 23cc the 28.5 is the fastest! my 23cc runs better than the 30cc what we think the 30cc don't have the high rpm needed for racing and jumping

i don't know about that mine is the 30cc and i also have the rampage v3 with the 26 cc and my pro model both of them also have the same tuned pipe and my pro screams way faster then the 26 cc but i would like to know for sure guys if there is a faster engine then my stock 30cc i figured 30 cc is the biggest i am new to this and i want to literally put thousands of dollars into both my rampages if thats what it takes i want it to be the fastest so if you guys could maybe give me a list wha you all think i can do to my pro to make it the fastest i would love to know thanks guys

Martin

To make a 30cc (in fact 30.5cc) it take a machined 36mm bore cylinder with a + 2mm stoker crank, I doubt Redcat do this, you probably have at least a stock 28.5cc maybee even a 26cc stamped 30cc.

My favorite is, get a ported 36mm zenoah 4 bolt kit with a + 1mm stroker crank to make it a real 29.5cc, you will love that power.

Jeebus

You might want to check and make sure your MT pro even has a 30cc motor.

I just purchased an MT pro about a month ago, and when it got here, everything on it said 30cc, but when i got into it, it was infact just one of the basic 26cc motors they put on the other vehicles. check that out first!

rob64n

Contributor
and the 30cc from redcat as long as it's a 30cc is infact a 30.5 it has 36mm bore and 30mm stroke if your not sure just read the side of the head and it will have the numbers 30 for the stroke and 36 for the bore

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts