• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

redcat rally conversion with castle 2028 in it

bigblkblazin

After being told by like 10 people that the castle 2028 motor doesn't fit . i just bought it and put it in . So i have more of a 8th scale setup. nothing fancy just took stock mount and spun it around 180 degrees with a extra hole and thats that. My 2x 4s batteries will go on the left side working out the weight distribution. I can tell you this until you see that motor you just don't realize how big its.

more pictures when i get more parts in it. video very shortly.

IMG_00000022.jpg

Vision

Wow that looks great!!.

The redcat rally comes gas right ?. What motor mount is that ?.

bigblkblazin

The rally didn't come with aluminum . I had to go on the himoto site take the part numbers from there and buy them from a local redcat dealer . As for the mount , I just used the XB-E diff carriers and the motor mount and 4 mm spacers . I would have bought the 7075rc ones but I didn't have the cash after buying the Xl-2 combo. The motor cam was modified by drilling a extra hole that accommodates 30mm motor holes .

I still need the chassis stiffeners . Soon .

bigblkblazin

Update : Although you can use the stock mount with spacers . If you plan on using a pinion gear of more than 14t with the stock 41t sure, you will need to get the motor mount kit from 7075rc or make your own .

Vision

So the max size pinion that will fit with the xbe mount and the stock spur (41) is 14 ?. Damn I had a 15T that I was hoping to use. Thanks.

bigblkblazin

14 is max with the mod I suggested . I am looking for 22-27t . The car gets up to speed in a instant . Zero heat build up after about 15 minutes full throttle and doing donuts. But 32 mph really . I need to gear this thing to the moon, And get or make another mount .

Vision

Great job, I'm sure you will hit some crazy speeds once you gear up and use more 's'. What are you planning for wheels/tires. The stock wheels won't hold I think over 50-60mph.

I wanted to use the fg wheels/tires, but sadly they don't fit my xb-e. However I think they do fit on the redcat rally cars.

DemonRC

I've been playing around with the stock mount and Leopard 5692 in my TT. You could flip the front and rear dogbones and run the motor in the back passenger side and then run the batteries all the way down the driver side.

Also, have you tried flipping the motor XBE style? The 2028 should be able to fit since the mount is pushed more toward the center of the car.

bigblkblazin

I have since flipped it that way with no problems . Actually looks very good as well.

I love redcat but why the cam motor mount ??

When the guys were making the aftermarket mounts for the xb-e for larger motors , I though they would have used the same set up as the 1/8th buggies. I bought a seig x2 mini lathe and a cnc kit from probotix and i will make the right mount for the 2028...stay tuned

Last edited by a moderator:

bigblkblazin

IMG_00000127.jpg

A few upgrades

The mount is ugly but functional . I wanted to drive it however, while bench testing the xl-2 It suffered a major "problem" and had to be returned to castle.

Also Ditching the brittle body for a MT body with a little body work .

Stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigblkblazin

I was gonna shoe goo and drywall tape the whole damn thing . I am gonna be painting the outside of the body .:eek:I would like the paint scheme of the pussy wagon from kill bill or f-150 harley edition.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts