• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

RedCat Racing Hurricane XTE

ChuenouXiao

I'm digging this electric :D Is it durable? I'm looking for a quiet basher with a lot of power :D Do you guys know if the central gear box is metal or plastic?

[ame]

[/ame]

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
The front and rear diffs have metal gears, probably the same for the center diff. Wouldn't make sense if it weren't.
What do you think about this car comparing to the RC10B4?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

They're completely different. It's 8th scale vs. 10th scale. 2WD vs. 4WD. If you just want a beater rig, I'd go with the XTE. The B4 is awesome, but the track is where it shines.

Deluge

With that kit you need to add your own esc, motor and radio equipment. It's not an RTR, you will have to build it. If that's what you're looking for, go for it. It's a great kit. The RTR version is great, as well. The B4 is a simple platform, it's very easy to work on and it's pretty durable in stock form. I'd go with the RTR and upgrade from there, if necessary.

Tower has the best deal, right now. If you spend over $230, they'll knock off $30. The coupon code for that is on their main page.

Deluge

Pretty much every Team/Pro kit needs to be built. That's part of the fun, though. You get to set it up the way you want it, and you know it's built right.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Pretty much every Team/Pro kit needs to be built. That's part of the fun, though. You get to set it up the way you want it, and you know it's built right.
Makes sense....

Base on his review.... the only flaw about this one is the joint during collision. I thought I heard him saying that there are titanium replacement parts for the joints? Watch it and tell me what you think....

[ame]

[/ame]Awesome review....

GoffeeRedCat

Idk dude..I can't see my self buying a kit for $139 you'll Prolly spend another $150 on the ESC and motor another $60 for the servos and $30 for a battery and not to mention a radio!...My brother just gave me an ECX Ruckus for a late birthday present, and its good, it cost him $130!! I put on my Lipo pack from my slash and a Lipo alarm. I mean if I was to buy the Ruckus I would have spent $130 for the rig $30 for the battery and upgrade the motor for $15 for the 15turn motor...thats about $175 plus tax and you get a real spektrum DX2E transmitter with a sr200 receiver!! It'll go about 25-28 mph on the 15turn motor about 20-22 on the stock motor!!

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Makes sense....Base on his review.... the only flaw about this one is the joint during collision. I thought I heard him saying that there are titanium replacement parts for the joints? Watch it and tell me what you think....

Yeah. He slammed that thing into the wall, and all he broke was turnbuckles. Tough as hell. And yes, they do sell titanium upgrades for it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.