• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Mt

jackson

Hey Guy's Am A Few Weeks Away From My First 5th Scale And Brand New Rampage Mt

Been Going Nuts With All Of The Fg/mcd/hpi Discuss And On And On..

Well After Some Research Redcat Is Just Wat Or I Hope It Is Looking For On A 5th Scale Gasser!

Beeing 26cc I Think Should Be Fun For A While, Still No Digging The Bodie Style And Quality And Fg/mcd Or Other To Expensive Does Not Make Sense Why!

So Is It Any Other Tipe Of Bodies That Will Fit Without Moddifications?

If Not What Should I Do To Make Stiffer? Stronger More Durable Seems Vary Weak, Also About Pipes? Hpi Will Fit, Local Shop Has Some Very Cheap Used But They Look Nice If They Fit I'll Buy'm ..

Well Guys I Hope A Made A Good Purchase For My First 5th Scale

Looking Foward To Have Some Fun!

DanSpd

Umm... I didn't understand your message completely but gratz with rampage mt

They are awesome, and if something breaks then only because of driving it over the limits.

But there are some that drive it over limit and can't brake a thing.

If you wanna change body then you can pick any 5th scale body and use it.

Might need to make few mods but should work anyway.

Pipe upgrades are awesome and I would recommend with jet pro but it cost $$$

Also what is up with all words being capped?

jackson

words cappd

thanks man my post wasn't clear i know, it's just i based on some comments i've seen around about the bodie and some other parts breaking, i am on a budget coming from 1/8 scale nitro's , so don't want to take it out the box and having to spend another 600+ in hopups just to have fun, i got a discontinued ofna dominator about 3-4 years old only thing i've changed was plastic gears to steel, thanks for the tips cant wait for my MT! as for the words didn't noticed they were capd! lol

DanSpd

Well you better drive it carefully once you get it, break in engine, and make sure you have good tune. Also check all screws and bold, plus check engine head every 20 minutes or so during break in. Use lock-tight if needed

Other than that its fun toy to play with.

I was driving it like 30 minutes ago. Broke one glowplug, had 2-3 rollovers, other than that I had a lot of fun and dust, lots of dust.

jackson

break in!

well am new to the 5th scale so you said break in!

is it done same process as in nitro engines?

5-6 thanks! 1/4-1/2-3/4- full T than tunning it?

i think i've seen a vid on youtube about it but cant remember!

DanSpd

Well you don't really have to but some people do, some don't.

I do it either in 1-3 tanks. Start easy then drive it like you stole it.

hamster huey

There are only a few basic things to upgrade but they would be the same no matter what brand 1/5 you buy so you might as well make that 1/5th a Cat! Usually with any 1/5 people upgrade: headkit, servos, battery, killswitch, radio system, ??. Thats the basics and Redcat will get you there cheaper than the rest!

jackson

thanks

thanks guys, i've been spending some time reading all i can about everybodys cats, one thing i think redcat should come uo with is a street wheel tire set for the ramapage MT/TT/ and Dunerunner, just imagine that nice set of wheels that come stock with some big road tires!

i know i can use hpi wheels and tires but its a bit smaller compared to the cats rims isn't it?

just think would be nice to have something that would stand out still staying with redcat parts, without using other brands adapators or whatever!

more bodie options from redcat would be nice to!

ok am go on and read some more

thanks guys for the tips and recommendentions, cant wait for my cat! feew weeks!

krashkrieg

Contributor
jackson said:
is there any 1/8 scale MT truck tires that will fit a 5th scale wheel?
No and you wouldn't want it, not strong enough...Remeber an 1/8 Savage is like 14 lbs and your MT will be 34 lbs!

A lot of guys open up their 'shoe' options by using Baja rear adapters for front and rear on the Ramp....Then you can use ANY baja wheel tire combo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts