• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat 1/5 scale

GCraig

Rroberson7805 you don't want to put 2 steering servos on your truck. I use 1 Savox SV-0236mg servo in mine.

Grey2013

Redcat 1/5 scale

I have I blow it off with a compressor after I run it. Just put the pipe on yesterday. Haven't been able to run it with the pipe yet it's been raining.

Phill

Grey2013 said:
I have I blow it off with a compressor after I run it. Just put the pipe on yesterday. Haven't been able to run it with the pipe yet it's been raining.
I blow my DR down too but never manage to get it that clean :mad:

phreerider

heres a paddle tire setup....virginal tires ! not for long!

paddles%20front%20%20scale_zpsgthuyeol.jpg

before

quasimotobefore_zpsa15b8585.jpg

after power wash , blowout/lube/blowout

quasimotoafterwashdown_zps948d3744.jpg

phreerider

in the beginning ...all about the pipe, man what a difference!

down%20dom%20pipe%20body%20on_zpsweffdo5s.jpg

rip those tires to nothing !

tire meat !

trenchersXB_zps4030af91.jpg

Ice_2k

phreerider said:
after power wash , blowout/lube/blowout
what do you use on the steel parts (like the dogbones) after washing them?

phreerider

powerwash, light pressure mostly on outriggers tires OFF, (dish soap in spray bottle is optional) avoiding central parts rx box/carb.

then compressed air blow, then WD40 , THEN repeat air blowout, sometimes going back and forth with WD40 and compressed air. keep it light, quick and effective... at the finish i have usually fired it up and continue to blow out while running.

keeping the unit dry is generally what you try to do. if all is dry, JUST the blowout with air and tiny bit of WD40 and sometimes nothing after the air.

put the leaf blower on it for few minutes and all is done and ready for next go.

RampageHopUps

Water displacement 40 is not a rust preventative. And it attracts dust. Looks cool though.

phreerider

yeah Just to get the water away, blow off excess wipe it down .

"light and quick", no need to soak it.

and if unit is dry to begin with, Don't use it.

Ice_2k

I saw someone recommend brake disc cleaner... no grease remains but I'm not sure how good it gets the water out of the tight corners. Also not sure what happens if it gets inside bearings

phreerider

i try not to use solvents, carb and choke spray a bit (rebuild or revival), but really minimal in general. the rc unit does not need it nor do you.

maybe some silicone spray/lithium spray/WD40 if things look/sound dry like in the diff cups. i'm pretty conservative in general. with compressed air/and little wd40 that combo will cover alot of conditions.

IF!. IF the unit gets WET, this is the element(the WATER) that makes me grab the a spray lube with the air blowout. if the session was dry, you only need an air blowout.

for a rebuild, or breakdown, yes brake cleaner is great. i would not use it as "general cleaner" on an assembled unit. some of the plastics and seals can soften.

TOO much solvent/spray/air may remove the visible stuff dirt /dust, but move it into places you do not want it ..like into the bearings. quick ,light, wipe off excess and easy around the bearing seals with heavy direct blowout air.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online