• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Recommended Head kits for better low end torque and higher top RPMs

delta_kilo

I’m looking for head kit recommendations for a Redcat Dunerunner that has a 30cc. I’m currently running a Walbro 990 carb and a CPI tuned pipe with a 8K clutch. The engine itself is stock.

Looking to get the biggest bang for my dollar power wise. The current set up I have does OK but it’s lacking in low engine power and it would be nice to turn more RPMs on the higher side.

I have never done a Head kit but have some mechanical background. I'd rather not remove the the piston and or crankshaft. I understand the piston is going to come out of the head and cylinder but not wanting to remove the piston from the connecting rod if I can get away with it.

Also do these kits normally come with all the required gaskets? If not wheres a good place to get them.

Last thing is what kind of bump power wise can I expect from this type of upgrade?

delta_kilo

Actually if it's a must I can replace the piston. I guess once it's out of the cylinder it wouldn't be all that hard anyway.

delta_kilo

I guess my second option would be a new complete engine. More money than I want to spend but options on that as well are welcome. Engine wise I'd like to stay around the $400 area give or take.

rampagemt

139 bucks for the esp modded championship ported head it is a beast in my fine runner with a rear dom. 4.3 hp and for under 150 its definitely the best bang for the buck

delta_kilo

I think it's the one and say screw the head kit because that engine is making way more power than a head kit is going to and it's affordable.

Ya I'd love to hear from someone who has run one. Did everything fit is my main concern.

G

It will fit. I have one on the way. I'm going to throw it in a XSC. I've read only positive reviews on this engine.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
It will fit. I have one on the way. I'm going to throw it in a XSC. I've read only positive reviews on this engine.
I'm getting one too once I save enough cash :D Will it fit my XB and I don't think it comes with clutch and clutch housing? Is it going to be too much torque and power for my XB or drive train?

delta_kilo

Is it truly a 7.5 HP engine. Most I have seen are rated at around 4.5 tops. I guess my question is it 7.5HP when you get it or does additional head work or other work have to be done to the engine to have it actually make those numbers?

Deluge

rampagemt said:
139 bucks for the esp modded championship ported head it is a beast in my fine runner with a rear dom. 4.3 hp and for under 150 its definitely the best bang for the buck
Agreed! I love my ESP.

Guantanamo Joe

I'm all about saving the extra $270 and loving my ESP head... it made a great difference on the dr and I haven't even gotten my dominator yet... this week hopefully :D

G

delta_kilo said:
Is it truly a 7.5 HP engine. Most I have seen are rated at around 4.5 tops. I guess my question is it 7.5HP when you get it or does additional head work or other work have to be done to the engine to have it actually make those numbers?
They come out of the box rated in the 4 range. Gizmos do some work to it. I don't know how they get their numbers. I am curious to see how it is compared to my OBR 7.5hp rated engine. We'll see. :)

G

ChuenouXiao said:
I'm getting one too once I save enough cash :D Will it fit my XB and I don't think it comes with clutch and clutch housing? Is it going to be too much torque and power for my XB or drive train?
It won't be too much of anything. I'm running the OBR rated 7.5hp FMLR and have not broken anything yet. Knock on wood.

G

Guantanamo Joe

I'm all about saving the extra $270 and loving my ESP head... it made a great difference on the dr and I haven't even gotten my dominator yet... this week hopefully
Deluge said:
Agreed! I love my ESP.
ESP has proven themselves well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.