• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Receiver Box/Battery??

Yannik

Hi,

After I finished installing the Killer Bee Kill Switch, I realized how small the receiver box was! With the receiver battery in the box, the wires from the kill switch and the ones already there, I was wondering if its possible to charge the battery without unpluging the small receiver battery wire connected to the receiver itself so the other wire (the bigger one) would be connected to the charger??

Thanks,

Yannik

G

Yes, I always leave a plug hanging out of the box for charging.

Deluge

Yes, you can. Charging the battery while it's still in the battery box makes me nervous, so I just remove it. I like to keep an eye on the battery and make sure it's not overheating while it's charging.

G

Yes, you can. Charging the battery while it's still in the battery box makes me nervous, so I just remove it. I like to keep an eye on the battery and make sure it's not overheating while it's charging.
This is true. I just use my factory charger over night so it never gets warm. If you charge at a higher amperage it is better to keep an eye on it.

krashkrieg

Contributor
rampagemt said:
I charge mine at 1 amp with it in the reciever box works great
+1...any name brand/ quality (you know, you pay for quality) NiMh you shouldn't worry about charging in the box at 1 amp....now LiPo is another story...lol

krashkrieg

Contributor
Yannik said:
Hi,After I finished installing the Killer Bee Kill Switch, I realized how small the receiver box was! With the receiver battery in the box, the wires from the kill switch and the ones already there, I was wondering if its possible to charge the battery without unpluging the small receiver battery wire connected to the receiver itself so the other wire (the bigger one) would be connected to the charger??

Thanks,

Yannik
Welcome back Yannik, haven't seen you around in a real long time...hope all is well :)

Also, I took a bunch of the wires from the servo leads etc, and bunched them together outside the box and shrink wrapped them and zip tied to the front plate...much roomier in the box now, I'll get a pic and show you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yannik

krashkrieg said:
Welcome back Yannik, haven't seen you around in a real long time...hope all is well :) Also, I took a bunch of the wires from the servo leads etc, and bunched them together outside the box and shrink wrapped them and zip tied to the front plate...much roomier in the box now, I'll get a pic and show you.
Hey bro!

Yes you're right, It's been a while!! i wouid really like to see a photo of what you did with all the wires in the receiver box??

Yannik

krashkrieg said:
I'll get one up later today / tomorrow
krashkrieg said:
Sorry, busy fun weekend...here ya go...blue shrink tube soon...http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u426/KrashKrieg/Fix%20it%20parts%20pics/IMG00168-20120617-1221.jpg

I just kinda bunched the extra wire from Y harness and steering servo and stuffed into 1/2" shrink tube.
Wow, this is a very clean job you did, very nice but I wonder how you did it? Did you only stuffed the steering servo wires in the shrink tube, not the kill switch! What do you mean by Y harness, it is my english to french traduction that's a bit rusty at times, sorry for that. Were you able to stuffed the little plastic plug at the end of these steering servo wires? Also, I looked on ebay to buy shrink tube and.... was 1/2 inch too tight or these servo wires fits perfectly with the 1/2 inch size and how did you heated this tube, a torch maybe? :D

Thanks in advance,

Yannik

krashkrieg

Contributor
Yannik said:
Wow, this is a very clean job you did, very nice but I wonder how you did it? Did you only stuffed the steering servo wires in the shrink tube, not the kill switch! What do you mean by Y harness, it is my english to french traduction that's a bit rusty at times, sorry for that. Were you able to stuffed the little plastic plug at the end of these steering servo wires? Also, I looked on ebay to buy shrink tube and.... was 1/2 inch too tight or these servo wires fits perfectly with the 1/2 inch size and how did you heated this tube, a torch maybe? :D Thanks in advance,

Yannik
The "Y" Harness is for Dual steering servo setup. This leaves more room in the radio box for the kill switch. 1/2" shrink wrap allows you to put the little plastic ends through as well. Heated with a heat gun, but a lighter works on the black stuff (colored shrink gets carbon deposits from a flame) I'll try to get more/ better pictures.

Yannik

Awesome, thanks for this detail answer, now I understand how to do it! I am now charging my Futaba transmitter battery and I'm getting kninda of nervopus because I'm not sure if I did a mistake or if it's normal!

This is the battery: Futaba 9.6 V, 700mAh Nicad Battery on my Onyx 220 charger. I am kinda nervous because it display Chg current: 0.1A the capacity I put 700Mah. I put the timer off and trickle to auto mode. peak 8. Now the only thing I don't get is the display In volt: 11.92Vi 11.18Vo............my battery is 9.6V I don't get........should I stop? its been charging only 2-3 hrs at slow amp.

Yannik

Yannik said:
Wow, this is a very clean job you did, very nice but I wonder how you did it? Did you only stuffed the steering servo wires in the shrink tube, not the kill switch! What do you mean by Y harness, it is my english to french traduction that's a bit rusty at times, sorry for that. Were you able to stuffed the little plastic plug at the end of these steering servo wires? Also, I looked on ebay to buy shrink tube and.... was 1/2 inch too tight or these servo wires fits perfectly with the 1/2 inch size and how did you heated this tube, a torch maybe? :D Thanks in advance,

Yannik
Hi,

I just bought some shrink tube 1/2 inch but did you have the ratio 2:1 or 3:1?? I just realized that they have different thicknesss but I don't think it makes a big difference here. I took the 2:1 ratio 1/2" shrink tube black.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts