• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

receiver battery ????

the1320god

so i already have a 5000 mah battery but there no more room in the receiver box and its a pain removing it all to charge. so im looking at some life batteries like this

http://www.rcplanet.com/Hobbico_6_6V_3200mAh_10C_Rx_p/hcam6445.htm

would this be good or is there something better? also ive read that the receiver can handle 6.6v but there a lot of nicer batteries that are 7.4v. im running the flysky gt3b radio and as rcdad put it wont handle it. so where do i find a voltage regulator and whats a good one? thanks for the help!

Deluge

I've been doing research on this and it looks like the FlySky receiver can handle the 7.4v packs, and a lot of guys are running them without a BEC. The crawler guys use them to power accessories, like winch controllers, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Killer RC has one for $50 but they are out of stock.

G

I have been afraid to try 7.4 but would like to here someone's experience in doing so. You need to make sure your servos can handle it. The factory servos no way.

the1320god

RCDAD said:
I have been afraid to try 7.4 but would like to here someone's experience in doing so. You need to make sure your servos can handle it. The factory servos no way.
well its nice to know the flysky can handle it... but it suck cuz im still on the factor servos...lol. what throttle servo are u guys using? im going to get the Hitec HS-5755MG for the steering, but don't know whats a good one for the gas?

G

Cool you might beat me to it. I'm gonna give it a try also. It sounds like others have had success.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts