• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Receiver Battery

G

I run a 5000 mah hump back in the MT. I haven't upgraded the XBs yet. I wanted to try a lipo. They don't go dead just sitting. Does anyone a good 5000mah lipo receiver battery? Not concerned about cost just want a good small one that fits in the rec/bat box.

k.jensen

I'm running a 2000 mah LifePO reciver battery (it's 6.6v) it doesn't run out of juice by just laying arround, and it gives more room in the reciverbox :)

ohh, btw, don't match the 2000 mah from a LifePo with the mah from a nimh battery.. the lifepo lasts as loong as a 4200 mah nimh battery :D

THIS IS JUST A RANDOM LINK TO THE BATTERY PACK:

http://www.futureworldmodels.com/acatalog/info_LRP79955__.html

Spoiled Toys

I have been thinking about starting to stock the LiFEPO batteries. But my fear is I wont sell them that often and have to sit on them forever because not many people have a charger that will charge them.

G

Thanks for the input.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I know you need to keep an eye on the voltage with a lifepo. It's bad to let them drain too much. Do you still have to watch the voltage with the lipo?

G

^^^I don't think the flysky could handle the 7.4 volts. I would only be out 7 bucks if I waist it. Lol. Has any one tried 7.4 volts on a Flysky?

k.jensen

RCDAD. with lifepo you also need to watch that they don't run dry, like lipo. but your killswitch should do the trick, it should cut off at about 4-4.8V... mine does and it works great

almost no recivers can handle 7.4V but my spectrum (and all the other recivers that's set to 6 v, can esaily handle 6.6V)

Last edited by a moderator:

waqr

What is the point of running Lipos as reciever batteries? Lipo batteries require alot more taking care of then Nimh batteries when it comes to charging & storing. They are also potentially more dangerous which requires storage and charging in safety bags which means that you need to take them out of the car everytime you have used it. Don`t get me wrong, I love the Lipos for the electrical rc cars but as a reciever battery I see very few advantages.

I run a 5000 mAh Nimh battery in my MT and I can run atlest 4-5 tanks without any problems and that is very seldom I think that anyone run more than this on the same day.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

There are a few 6 volt regulators out there ranging from 2 to 10 amps. I was thinking of the 2 or 5 amp version.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts