• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

receiver battery charging

powerslave69

I have an XT.Can someone show me a way to charge my receiver battery without having to remove the 4 screws of the receiver box. after a while it gets annoying to remove those screws every time I need to recharge my battery pack. I can just expose those connectors but that would defeat the whole purpose of the box. HELP!! :(

Zapped

powerslave69 said:
I have an XT.Can someone show me a way to charge my receiver battery without having to remove the 4 screws of the receiver box. after a while it gets annoying to remove those screws every time I need to recharge my battery pack. I can just expose those connectors but that would defeat the whole purpose of the box. HELP!! :(
You can leave the red battery connector outside the box through the same opening that the servo wires come through.That's how I run mine.When you are ready to charge just unplug it and connect the charger to the correct end.

Last edited by a moderator:

rob64n

Contributor
you can do that,but it's risky. nimh batteries get hot and with no fan on it to cool it while charging you take a chance on catchin fire in the receiver box, and remember 4 screws have to come out before you can save the receiver,lol..

Triggerman77

Contributor
Heres my XT and MT with stock setup But i have all the stuff to put Traxxas 6v batt and switch With charger wire ( Like the one in a REVO 3.3 Nitro truck) So no unplugging every time !!! But i run just like this and i have had no probs And I charge with Digital 15min Charger

XT

battconnectpics022.jpg

MT

battconnectpics021.jpg

powerslave69

makes sense

Triggerman77 said:
Heres my XT and MT with stock setup But i have all the stuff to put Traxxas 6v batt and switch With charger wire ( Like the one in a REVO 3.3 Nitro truck) So no unplugging every time !!! But i run just like this and i have had no probs And I charge with Digital 15min Charger
XT

battconnectpics022.jpg

MT

battconnectpics021.jpg
This is exactly what I had in mind but I like to run on mud and puddles. so if I take this connector out of the box, with the way I drive, I'm sure this connector will get wet. Or maybe I can just wrap it with a tiny balloon. What do you think? One thing for sure, I'm done removing those 4 screws every time I need to recharge my battery pack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts