• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

rear chassis support for non-welders

fastlane

Team Driver
311mjjq.jpg it ain't pretty but it has no flex and I also added a better rear post mine kept snapping screws

fastlane

Team Driver
I took an all thread and some spacers to replace the stock rear supports. No more flex. The only draw back is now my buggy body won't fit. oh well truck body sounds good to me

DemonRC

You know, I was always thinking about how the MCD's and their clones use a brace between their shock towers and the fuel tank mount. This would of course mean that the fuel tank mounts would have to be something other than plastic. It would be possible to build the same thing outta chromoly tubing. Then a brace from the shock tower could be run to that. You could stiffen that even further by running a brace from a chromoly center hoop to the fuel tank mount too. It would be like a rear end subframe/cage. The entire thing would make the rear end stiffer than an accountant in a whore house....

Errr, I mean stiffer than a dead cat in Moo's yard. :D

fastlane

Team Driver
yeah it's a lot more ridged now. I got too excited this afternoon and did a 2 wheel turn and when she came down it broke a drive cup right at the pin. Well I put the v1 stuff in it 4 now until I can order some more.

badboy2

what are the materials u used??and how did u do that on the rear posts?can let us know what did u use?

fastlane

Team Driver
For the braces I used flat iron 1/2"x1/8" and for the posts I used a 6mm all thread lock nuts and regular nuts to jam and some steel roll pins

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts