• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

rear chassis braces

mooman007uk

Banned
got to tinkering whilst waiting for the wife to come back from shopping and sew my limiting straps, made a couple of rear chassis braces...back ends solid now

it was a pain filing the knubby bit by hand...oh for a small lathe...and uni mill

will probably have to redo the clutch side one when my sprint dom mod pipe comes

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprint 77

Contributor
Hmmm I have seen this design somewhere , where was it? LOL Looks good Moomanuk007 Glad I could enspire your mind .

kun114

Good job, but you'll probable crack your flywheel cover. I had a simular setup on my TT when I first got it and those cast flywheel covers crack fairly easy. The little nub broke off and I had a few other little stress cracks.

I replaced it with a billit cover from DDM. Now, instead off the nub breaking off, the bolt just breaks. I wish I could come up with something that looks good ,but is also functional.

kryptonite

kun114 said:
Good job, but you'll probable crack your flywheel cover. I had a simular setup on my TT when I first got it and those cast flywheel covers crack fairly easy. The little nub broke off and I had a few other little stress cracks.
I replaced it with a billit cover from DDM. Now, instead off the nub breaking off, the bolt just breaks. I wish I could come up with something that looks good ,but is also functional.
exactly kun. moo's looks good and will serve its purpase,

mooman007uk

Banned
I looked at the cover and made sure that everything lined up without tension when tightened so am hoping it'll hold...it's a temp fix to work with the sprint ss pipe i got, I ordered a dom pipe from him so I'll have to make new braces when it arrives and bench these...I'm thinking shock tower to tower full cage with at least 4 chassis points, maybe get the hbz roll bar and work off that. I need to find someone local with a tig that I can sweet talk into letting me use it and get some chrome moly tubing

Sprint 77

Contributor
mooman007uk said:
I looked at the cover and made sure that everything lined up without tension when tightened so am hoping it'll hold...it's a temp fix to work with the sprint ss pipe i got, I ordered a dom pipe from him so I'll have to make new braces when it arrives and bench these...I'm thinking shock tower to tower full cage with at least 4 chassis points, maybe get the hbz roll bar and work off that. I need to find someone local with a tig that I can sweet talk into letting me use it and get some chrome moly tubing
Have you seen my chromoly tig cage? Rob has one on his race Rampage

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.