• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Real WoBBly front tires. Help

UrbnRzqr

Still in the break in stage here but I've noticed my front wheels are really wobbly and it actually causes the whole body to shake at higher speeds. Not expecting perfection as I know these wheels ain't balanced but this here is excessive.

Should I reseat the bead-locks.... Looks horrible while I'm running it.

UrbnRzqr

Ol said:
Sounds like your front bearings are gone. Check the back one's too.
Trucks new. Tank and a half ran through it all on asphalt and never jumped.

Never had it over half throttle.

Deluge said:
Could be your foams, as well. They tend to wear out quickly.
Yeah no possible wear. Still breaking in.

UrbnRzqr

phreerider said:
Check toe in , its the front , not just one wheel?
Toe looks ok, going to swap front and rears when I get a chance to pinpoint suspension or tire issue.

CyberVet65

Contributor
Make sure the beadlocks are seated correctly.

I use the Silverback beadlocks. I had problems with the tires blowing out of the beadlocks. This was solved by taping the foams and adding the Silverbacks.

Taping foams. Home Depot. Gorilla tape. Three wraps on the foams. One on each side then one down the middle.

Check out some videos and you can see now the tires expand. They look like CD's mounted on rims.

UrbnRzqr

I haven't been able to troubleshoot due to extreme winter weather. Thanks for all the tips, will start with simplest fixes till its resolved. :cool:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.