• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

RCdad pulley install help.

krashkrieg

Contributor
chuefengxiong said:
Please let me know if this is normal on my pulley kit. I've managed to put everything together....
You need another washer (same as the stock one) that goes behind the 'tensioner' to bring the belt out a bit more on the clutch shaft.

The washer doesn't come with the kit though.

PS...why didn't you use the Aluminum pinion carrier for the other side of the brakes?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

PS...why didn't you use the Aluminum pinion carrier for the other side of the brakes?
That kit only came with the grear plate and 5 bearings.

ChuenouXiao

krashkrieg said:
You need another washer (same as the stock one) that goes behind the 'tensioner' to bring the belt out a bit more on the clutch shaft.The washer doesn't come with the kit though.

I believe I can use the stock washer that was originally used on the middle shaft or if you want to call the tension shaft? I should put it between the plastic tensioner and the bearing of the gear plate? RC dad do you use the washer here too to help align the belt a bit?

G

Yes, the factory ones work.

Yes, one goes in between the plastic pulley and the gear plate bearing.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Yes, the factory ones work.Yes, one goes in between the plastic pulley and the gear plate bearing.
Installed pulley and mounted engine into chassis. Tested real quick with engine on. Everything seems to work fine... but will continue further test tomorrow or ASAP. Will post more info here soon....

thomas

i don't know on the belt drive but on the gear drive if you tighten the tension nut too much it will pull the back bearing apart so leave some play in it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.