• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

RCdad pulley install help.

ChuenouXiao

How do you take out the clutch bell from my stock XB gear plate? I've managed to remove the gear that rides on the clutch bell shaft and the stock set screw spacer thingy but my clutch bell shaft won't let my me pull it out of the gear plate. What is your solution? Please let me know, I just don't want to bend my shaft trying to force my clutch bell out of my gear plate. Note both bearings are still on both side. Please help.....

ChuenouXiao

krashkrieg said:
The Clutch bell is attached to the shaft...you do not have to remove it to install the belt drive.
I guess what I'm saying is I can't slide the shaft of the clutch bell out of the gear plate... what do you do to pull the shaft out?

G

He is replacing the gear plate.

Do you have the gear plate off. If you do then put a nut at the end of the shaft to protect the threads and tap it out of the gear plate.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
He is replacing the gear plate.Do you have the gear plate off. If you do then put a nut at the end of the shaft to protect the threads and tap it out of the gear plate.
Yes... the plate is off.... and I will try to tap it out.... brb

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
He is replacing the gear plate.Do you have the gear plate off. If you do then put a nut at the end of the shaft to protect the threads and tap it out of the gear plate.
LOL!!!.... pop.. pop... pop.... pinngggg!!!! The shaft poped out.... I'm kinda nervous if I will install the pulley correctly.... let me see what I can do. Thanks.... will post back here soon if I run into problems.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
What are the small blue tubes included with the MT blue aluminum gear plate RCdad? Sorry I'm kinda noob.... please let me know. Are they just extra accessories or are we using them too?

krashkrieg

Contributor
They are spacers between the gear plate and clutch housing...you should use them.

G

Yes you have to use them. The ones that come with the xb won't work with the mt gear plate. If you notice the xb plastic ones have a hex on the end.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Yes you have to use them. The ones that come with the xb won't work with the mt gear plate. If you notice the xb plastic ones have a hex on the end.
Am I suppose to use all three? I believe they all go in between the bearings of all the three shaft?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

They are the gear plate spacers.

They go between the engine and the gear plate.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
They are the gear plate spacers.They go between the engine and the gear plate.
Right... I confirmed it. I was looking at the stock spacers and those blue ones. Realize that the blue ones are suppose to replace the stock ones :D Thanks... I haven't install anything yet. Just trying to get oriented with all the parts for now. I probably won't de-anodize the gear plate.... I don't have the tools. I might paint over it with black... what are your thoughts?

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Just scuff if up and you can paint it.
[ame]

[/ame]This video, I notice he use a wrench for the middle shaft? Why? Is it require? Do I have to use the wrench? Im kinda lost about how to lay the middle piece together to help hold the belt. Please clarify.

G

He is using the wrench to lift the belt to slide on the tension/idler pulley. I think he is using the wrench so his hand is not covering up what he is doing, just for video making purposes. It is easy just to use your fingers.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
He is using the wrench to lift the belt to slide on the tension/idler pulley. I think he is using the wrench so his hand is not covering up what he is doing, just for video making purposes. It is easy just to use your fingers.
Looking good.... :D Thanks RCdad.... can you pm me your cell? Maybe I can txt you more questions later? Please? Thanks...

ChuenouXiao

Please let me know if this is normal on my pulley kit. I've managed to put everything together....

Deluge

Yes, loctite the set screws. It's up to you if you want to loctite the nuts. I loctite mine. Blue loctite, of course. The belt should probably be centered on the pulley.

G

Yes, but not until you have everything mounted on the truck. You want to make everything rolls smoothly. You will want a tiny bit of play on the shafts. You will want to make sure you don't have the pulleys too tight against the gear plate bearings. You will also want too make sure your center dif is meshed right you don't want to feel any drag or binding there.

Looks good so far!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online