• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Ramtech or MCD Steel A/B Gears?

DemonRC

Hey I can wish can't I :D ? Seriously, I think if the diff cup problem is solved the stock plastic A/B gears are the only other weak link.

If Ramtech can get out some steel 27 and 33's I would be estatic. 27/33 for you MT guys and flipped 33/27 for us TT guys. From that one gearing poll I see alot of guys like to run the 29/31 or 31/29. These would be a good set of gears too. I'd prolly run 31/29 and 33/27 depending on the terrain.

Also, I see MCD has some steel gears but does anybody have a clue if they can even be used on a Rampage? The numbers are off and I'm not confident that they even fit. Anybody with a Turkey Truck that can confirm this?

Clubin

Banned
The only combination that might work would be the 30 tooth, and you'd have to buy 2 sets at 80.00 each.....OUCH! Not worth talking about too much money. lol

If somone made steel A & B gears I'd buy a set.

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

What the hell is with those MCD steel gears anyways? If the plastic A/B's fit the Rampage shouldn't their steel versions also? Maybe those steel A/B's have a different pitch which would cause their teeth count to change slightly.

Clubin

Banned
catchaser said:
What the hell is with those MCD steel gears anyways? If the plastic A/B's fit the Rampage shouldn't their steel versions also? Maybe those steel A/B's have a different pitch which would cause their teeth count to change slightly.
THe spacing between the gears is what is different unfortunately. Redcat should have copied the MCD gear plate a little better. lol

IMADMAN

Question on the 33/27 27/33 combos? How much taller are the MT tires vs. the TT tires? Does 27/33 compensate for the weight of the MT tires or the O.D?

Piranha2

Contributor
If you have an MT w/ a 28.5cc or similar, you'll be able to push a 27/33 combo along nicely, the guys with the smaller tires are able to run the higher gears (30/30, 31/29, 33/27) for more top end.

O`Show

RampageHopUps said:
Redcat is coming out with their own steel gears in a short time.
Can you let us know when they are released?

RampageHopUps

One of the dealers and one of the forum members got them. Not exactly sure, only Darin knows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts