• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage XT Problem (plz help)

Steven W

Ok I am new to redcat and I recently have had problems right out of the box got everything fixed on those parts my problem now is I was going on my 3rd tank of breakin driving. Started truck up runs fine both switches on and it wants to take off on its own. Picked truck up turned both switches off again sat it on a stool you sit on truck still running good when I went to pick it up the truck throttle up all wheels spinning amost preforming a runaway right outta my hands so I killed the motor and now im scratching my head to what happend. don't have a killswitch or fail safe installed and recharging battery thinking maybe my battery was in need of charge which I had about 6 hours on it.

plz help

Steven W

Sounds like good news to me then I thought I messed up somewhere. Ill get on ebay now and look one up. Once battery is fully charged im going to try it again and if it doesn't happen then I know forsure it was a low battery and will be installing a killswitch

Thanks for the help guys.

Steven W

Awsome are they eazy to install? Gonna order it now and was gonna ask about the battery life on them suckers thanks for the info. Im getting more help on then ever thanks everyone.

FancyPants

man I must be the luckiest person in the world as I have only charged my stock battery maybe 5 times in the past year (of course I'm not running it all the time) but if the wheels turn I just run the thing...haven't worried about charging.

as for the kill switch...I still have yet to put on one my XT...have not used one and do not plan on getting one (besides what it came with) the only thing that I have had to replace was the throttle servo as it went out and Redcat replaced without question.

Also listen to these guys I was just putting in my experience!

BTW what's up guys...been a while since I've been on...have taken a huge hiatus and took a break from spending...look forward to getting back into it!

Last edited by a moderator:

rampage idiot

FancyPants said:
man I must be the luckiest person in the world as I have only charged my stock battery maybe 5 times in the past year (of course I'm not running it all the time) but if the wheels turn I just run the thing...haven't worried about charging.as for the kill switch...I still have yet to put on one my XT...have not used one and do not plan on getting one (besides what it came with) the only thing that I have had to replace was the throttle servo as it went out and Redcat replaced without question.

BTW what's up guys...been a while since I've been on...have taken a huge hiatus and took a break from spending...look forward to getting back into it!
Wrong answer on the kill switch!

Ildy666

rampage idiot said:
Wrong answer on the kill switch!
+1 on that.you get lucky sometimes.but i wouldn't trust running with out one it saved me a few times and not that much for the truck it's people and things around you.I wouldn't want to hurt someone or damage someones property over a $25 kill switch.also you said your thottle servo crapped out and redcat replaced it.whats to say the new servo won't crap out.isn't the same crappy servo?do what you want but if you injure someone no one gives a dam about your toy that went out of control they care about themselves.lawyers are not cheap and in this day and age everybody is sue happy....Good luck.....

rampage idiot

+ 1 on that back at you, the first time I took my MT out I was a newby didn't even no about a kill switch or this forum, 20 minutes into running it the 40lb missle went full throttle and the bitch went 200 yds before it went 10ft in the air and came down on its roof wide open throttle!!!!!!!!!!!! I never run around other people! If it would have hit someone they would be DEAD! All I know is that was the easiest break in period I ever had!!!! truck still runs like a raped ape

Kaceno

FancyPants said:
man I must be the luckiest person in the world as I have only charged my stock battery maybe 5 times in the past year (of course I'm not running it all the time) but if the wheels turn I just run the thing...haven't worried about charging.as for the kill switch...I still have yet to put on one my XT...have not used one and do not plan on getting one (besides what it came with) the only thing that I have had to replace was the throttle servo as it went out and Redcat replaced without question.

Well since you are back, the first thing you should do is charge your battery and get a kill switch! lol

BertR

Man!at that price I may pick one up for a spare..Most folks want bearings for a must have spare Not me! I want the parts that save my a$$.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts