• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

rampage xt gear grinding

bignardz101

my rampage keeps grinding the gears i have been through 3 sets already and i upgraded to the wider gears for the two that have the option and those did not get completely mangled i need help figuring out why it keeps doing this. its getting expensive :\

BertR

I have been going through gears too and found that if the shaft gets hot it will soften the nylock on the but and back out creating a miss alignment of gears and start to shear teeth.I have had them go on smooth asphalt, sand and dirt .

thunderbolt61

I too have the same problems with my XT. Something broke free in the center gear area causing the gear to actually come thru the cover and since then, I haven't ran my Rampage in months. I think im going to take topblisssgts advice and get the solid 7075 gearplate. I figure i cant go wrong with starting all over with a new cover plate and new bearings.

Phill

BertR said:
I have been going through gears too and found that if the shaft gets hot it will soften the nylock on the but and back out creating a miss alignment of gears and start to shear teeth.I have had them go on smooth asphalt, sand and dirt .
I use blue Loctite to stop that happening

BertR

That is a true sign of a broken gear plate....I have had the center layshaft and gears fall completely out of the plate before lol...A good plate with large bearings is worth it .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts