• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage xb top speed builds

Bhopp

Hey guys, I've been looking and I have not found any speed numbers whether stock or modded. What I want to know has anybody went the distance with a xb, powerful high rpm engine and proper gearing to get the maximum speed to turn a good number. I'm trying for a quick 60 or 65mph plus.

G

Your going to need some rpms for sure. You might want to consider a 2 speed for it. They were just released. You are going to need some really tall gears. Obviously a scream'n motor with an appropriate end bleed pipe. I run a OBR 7.5hp full mod long rod engine. It revs to the moon but I am not geared high enough to get speeds anywhere near what you are after.

Running a single gear ratio, the car will get real doggy off the line, with a ratio tall enough to reach those speeds. It also might not be possible to reach 60s with the ratios available.

You may need to have some custom gearing made.

Last edited:

Bhopp

Rampage xb speed

Hey thanks for the input. I'm going to get the 2spd real soon and I pick the gearing to reflect 35-25-25-25, I plan on running a zen 27.2 and jetpro, how fast does it sound like if you guess, and what the fast you seen?

G

If you get the Jetpro, get the rear mount. It's an end bleed. The side mount is a mid bleed.

The end bleed pipes produce greater top end improvements.

I run the 1:1 belt drive on mine. It's the equivalent to 30,30,25,25 gears. I have never clocked it. I am guessing upper 30s maybe low 40s. I picked up some cool gps speedometers. I'll check it one of my next outings.

G

Another thing to consider is some taller wheels & tires. This will increase the overall ratio also.

Bhopp

rampage xb

sorry for the last post my device is junk, but what I was asking has anyone built what I am building or am I waisting my time dreaming

Silent_chaos

100km/h +.. this can be reachable with with Onroad cars. a friend of mine reached it with his 29.5CC Zenoah Speed tec engine, FG on road with 2 speed double clutch. ( it was 124km/h)

You may reach it with custom 2 speed gearing from Demon Rc. if i were you id contact them and get an advice for a custom made long set of gears.

also, talk to the guys in OBR, get your 8.1 bhp reed Engine from them (there are 2 versions: 1 for torque and the other for speed). ask for the speed version ( this will cost around 700$)

reaching 65+ mph with a truck needs some fortifications. make sure you have light wheels, and that your CVDs, dogbones, hubs, bushings, holders and bearings are upgraded and that your overall car is lighter than stock.

in my opinion, with the built that you are suggesting, i guess it is not doable.

you need a more powerful engine, maybe with a BZM 50CC with mods.

furthermore, don't invest too much on your XB. if you want an overall tough truck, get your hands on Losi 5t with 70CC RCMAX engine.. GG

Bhopp

Thanks for the advice, Yes I'm going to get a better engine too, thats coming next. I have a hpi baja and the xb is a lot lighter so I didn't think I was going to need a monster engine to propel it. I was thinking a mild zen g290 or a cy29 with stuffed crank and jetpro rear mount, now I know there not 8 hp but I think a good 5hp and 2spd should get me good speed numbers possibly, maybe, please, over 40mph plus

Silent_chaos

make sure that the motor you're installing has lightened flywheel and lightned clutch.

the flywheel makes a lot of difference.

also, you might wanna consider Samba Pipes. they are not a direct fit with the XB, but with couple of drilling, it can be mounted.

Bhopp

Hey guys, I've been getting to know my xb, I blew gaskets out of a cy28.5, bought a obr 30.5, running (35,25,26,25).659 gear, jetpro rear mount, ceramic bearings.Now I didnt reach my mph of 60 but, Its running a quick 50mph and loosing all traction at 45 when i fully squeeze it! Now traction and a little better on road handling is needed although it probly can be fix with wheel and tires

claude bigelow

Bhopp said:
Hey guys, I've been getting to know my xb, I blew gaskets out of a cy28.5, bought a obr 30.5, running (35,25,26,25).659 gear, jetpro rear mount, ceramic bearings.Now I didnt reach my mph of 60 but, Its running a quick 50mph and loosing all traction at 45 when i fully squeeze it! Now traction and a little better on road handling is needed although it probly can be fix with wheel and tires
Sounds good got to improve my driving before I attempt to drive that fast. I got a problem with trees, poles and any other objects that can't jump out of the way.Lol

Bhopp said:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online