• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

rampage XB 4 wheel steer

phreerider

Just finished this project, fun mod! with the dual front servos the responsiveness is ridiculous! very sensitive, holycrap! all the way down on the rate, otherwise very hard to control, BUT quick! super short vid demos action.

7075rc casters and oversized spindles on the rear with old redcat servo and steer links. stock dogbones and axles(10mm)

[ame]

[/ame]

G

Do you have a steering rack on the rear or just links connected to a servo?

phreerider

no rack, i cutdown a redcat turn buckle servosaver for a direct servo mount. very effective, and tough.no doubt the servo will get beat up, a spring snap for return would unload considerable lash on it. kept it simple, kept it fun...old redcat servo was laying around why not?

servo saver.jpg

servo saver.jpg

/monthly_2014_01/583c606cd623a_servosaver.jpg.125a4dedc96cf0ab580f735a25765982.jpg

phreerider

another vid ...stretching it out a bit. joker is quick on the turnabout!

NO TUNES! just rip!

[ame]

[/ame]

phreerider

the direct servo has proven pretty tuff. no real issues yet . deeper axle cup engagement may prove an issue but FLM CVD would be choice. the old redcat servo is already blown out with some wobble, but keeps on rolling. TRIPLE ball bearing hitec would be a good candidate for sure. the basic mechanics are solid, and the servo load is actually small because the movement is small and rate is all the down. Plus the 7075rc outdrives are ultra smooth and tough( the stock axle cups did strike the casters and require a fraction of clearance tooling).

an MT would be awesome! thinking the same thing on the gear drop.

maybe some MT tires next!

but i have keep moving on the TRACKS for the XB. the initial setup was rough and trying to source belt <$$$ ...some old supercharger belts worked but $$$ for novelty at this point. the servo position is same for the track steer so its has dual function(which is deeply sweet). the track setup is brutal on the grass man it leaves a serious mark! set up requires track riders/guides (endless reworks) it works with out them but very clunky. it is NOT ready for vid/pics yet. i will come along some parts here and there to make it better just takes time. i will find them. ...but the 4ws is solid and FUN!

i have a few tweak adjustment i want to do and will get pics along the way. for better detail on the mod along with the servo saver. ...now its run time! thanks for the interest guys

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online