• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

rampage x have wheel bearing problems

RAMJET

I have a xsc that developed wheel bearing problems after 1-1/2 tanks of fuel. I see a few posts that mention the problem.I would like to start a list of guys having the problem in all the X models to help better understand the scale of the problem .Was it just a bad batch of bearings in mine and indeed some guys are having no problems.or is this something that needs to be addressed by the factory. I know redcat is a very proactive company(great guys to deal with) and will do what is needed to make them right ,but they need to know if something is wrong first .I would like to leave it stock if mine was just a fluke .thanks Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
G

It will happen to everyone eventually. How soon depends on how hard the vehicle is driven.

rcgasser

The bearings are just to small to handle the load just like dad says it will happened to all X series owners sooner or later!!!!!!!!!!

RAMJET

RCDAD said:
It will happen to everyone eventually. How soon depends on how hard the vehicle is driven.
I only drove mine for 1-1/2 tanks @ 1/2 throttle or less on a dirt track doing my break in , no jumps no beating. eventually I could live with. surely guys must be having better run times than I did , maybe I should have asked what is the average life expectancy of these bearings when using the truck for what is was designed for .I am trying to figure out if going to the trouble to get warranty on these parts is worth while.thanks Roger

Ol' fart

I'm not sure if the bearings are cheap or undersized or both but I sell a lot of oversized bearings and holders. My bearings are just average, nothing special and they seem to hold up well. I have not heard of anyone running stock bearings. You must upgrade. Bigger or better.

G

I only drove mine for 1-1/2 tanks @ 1/2 throttle or less on a dirt track doing my break in , no jumps no beating. eventually I could live with. surely guys must be having better run times than I did , maybe I should have asked what is the average life expectancy of these bearings when using the truck for what is was designed for .I am trying to figure out if going to the trouble to get warranty on these parts is worth while.thanks Roger
I would not bother. The new parts will fail again. Better to upgrade.

RAMJET

I think I finally get it they won't last for a worth while amount of time anyway . I have a full machine shop ,do the factory aluminum replacements have enough meat to be machined to accept a larger bearing ??10x22x6 this bearing can handle 130kg of force apposed to the 85 kg of the stock ones. I like to build stuff and do my own mods when I can. I have already made a set of mufflers to extend the exhaust out the back of the body on the XSC ,looks super cool and quiet too.

thanks Roger

G

Sounds awesome.

Post some pics when your done.

RAMJET

here is the pictures hope they work,I don't have any mounting hardware yet ,wanted to see how they worked first. they have a real low tone (base like) super quiet ,great if you have houses around. the Idea came to me when I read the body would get melted with the stock exhaust blowing on it .I really don't need it quiet, I own the track and have no close neighbors. but it sounds great and saves the body.

082.JPG

083.JPG

084.JPG

082.JPG

083.JPG

084.JPG

/monthly_2012_03/082.JPG.6f8d448a2a1e3529bea47d01ca9bb51b.JPG

/monthly_2012_03/083.JPG.668e0d72baeaa4505b9f0805ed70c9c3.JPG

/monthly_2012_03/084.JPG.a2f5775436d3e71a4380b2043549f49e.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Those are cool little mufflers. That will also keep the soot out from under the body.

RAMJET

yeah , and the guys spend so much time looking at the back of my truck anyway so they might as well have a view LOL. just kidding . I never even thought about the soot and oil spit ,it's only ever been run this way, but your correct that stock muffler would make a mess in no time.It really adds to the short course look too. you could just run some silicone pipe out the back to keep the mess and heat down that was my first idea but I liked the look & sound of the mufflers better.

bigblkblazin

My bearings went for a sh*t also . These carriers need a revision . I haven`t even jumped mine . I have put like 150 packs through any of my other cars and they have never been replaced . redcat can you hear us.

jinda

The bearings are under sized I replaced all the worn out bearings.

Put in spacers in between them to increase thrust loads.

I ran it and the bearings were fine. I have seen this before on skateboard wheels the bearings would last a few days if you left out the spacers.

After the last run the tires were shot and I haven't ran it sence.

It's a pos I have 3 tanks of fuel and it just fall apart. Runs good starts up easy. Brakes work really good.

Later JeReMy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts