• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage V3 are inbound!!

Ron E

Contributor
the Rampages are the reason i'm into large scale rc... I run 1/10 electric, tried nitro and didn't like it. then started looking at the firehammer, almost bought one like 3 times but just wanted more. then saw the Rampage and it was perfect! I bought the mt and the tt and they have been the coolest rc's i've ever owned. Rob remembers my excitement when I put a deposit on a mt when they very first came out and i've been a good customer since. I guess thats the market they are going for :D

roccos_van

RampageHopUps said:
The factory tells Redcat what changes are made, then I wait to verify them. Since I have no financial ownership in either Redcat or HSP, its not unfair to me. I can either sell them or not, very simple.
For instance, I thought eh rollers were going to sell like hotcakes to the Baja guys and people that wanted bigger motors. Guess what, they sold very slowly. The RTR market is huge in 1/5 scale now, why not go after it?
Yes, absolutely you can either sell them or not; and you choose to sell them, which in my opinion means the factory should support you, not leave you on an island to defend yourself.

The point is you seem to care about this product, yes, you sell it so there is a vested interest in it for you, but at least you care, unlike many other vendors. Which is why in my opinion you deserve better support from the mfg than what I can see.

YOU, along with a select few others are the reason I own a rampage, not Redcat or HIMOTO.

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

Thanks for the support. I really don't ask for help from Redcat or the factory. I offer support to them and they seem to listen. But, I can't expect them to treat me like an employee.

hamster huey

I know RTRs sell better than kits in all scales including 1/5 so its a mystery to me. I look at it like this 1/5 is not for beginners, RTR is for beginners. RTR belongs on smaller scales more suitable for beginners. Eperienced modelers of all scales like to build it their way. By the time someone is experienced enough for a 1/5 they should no longer be a beginner therefore they probably desire a kit or at least a roller. I wish all 1/5 came in kit/roller form. I know people who desire kits are small in numbers I just don't understand why. And I know my thoughts on this are insignificant.

Sprint 77

Contributor
I can say the same unfortunately. I am afraid of investing my $$ into hard tooling to stamp out exhaust for the fact there are to many companies overseas out there that will copy the design and sell for half.

This being the case most of us smaller , knowlegable fab shops have to tread lightly on the fifth scale market.

That is all I have to say before I get way off this threads subject.

grf

when you start in 1/5 it is still a start no matter where you are coming from. the rtr is what you need so you can spend the least amount of money to try and see if you like it. pipes-alloy-big engines etc come after you have spend time with your model and you want something more or you see a problem and the solution justifies the cost. i cannot imagine anyone looking for his first car and start looking into a pro version with a race ported engine and a very good pipe.

maybe it works like that when you move between different sections of the smaller scales but 1/5 is totally different and the money is also in different scale.

it is easier to fork out 700$ just to try electrics with a revo brushless than 3000 just to try 1/5 scale no matter where you are coming from. it is very easy to go for a cheap Chinese clone or another option around the 700 mark because it is a lot of car for the money so it makes it easier to justify the amount just to start. rollers are for people with experience in 1/5 that know why they after a rhino servo or a zenoah engine or spend time painting bodies or fabricate pipes.

you must keep in mind that no matter if everybody is going to love 1/5 not everybody is sure if they will.

i am not so sure if the rampage will hit the numbers required for the aftermarket to kick in. i believe the factory should take action so the numbers of rampage users increase and not the opposite and once the critical mass is there the aftermarket will kick in no matter what. a lot of the aftermarket products for a baja are either something that the factory already covers or just wow! factor items or things that offer very specific and limited usability. they sell because it ends up been fashion or bling market. even for the new comers it is very important to make a decision to know that their investment is secure going forward.

hamster huey

What are the odds the V3 will make it to the LHS in the US? None of the LHS (especially hobby town) in Kansas will carry anything besides the inferior HPI 1/5. So many more people would buy Ramps if they even knew what they were. That would really improve online sales as well if more Ramps were sold.

RTRs will always outsell kits but there is a dangerous borderline between a RTR that needs double to triple the original cost (Traxxas) just to be durable and a roller/kit that just needs a few things and cost less in the long run. I hope the V3s are as good as the v1 and v2 and I hope the Rampage gets more postive exposure.

Evildomain

Contributor
I've been in RC's for almost three years now. Everything from 1/16 to 1/8 electric & nitro's.

I still consider myself an inexperienced hobbyist just because I never poured that much

money into it so I didn't get to try a lot of makes and models. Haven't been to a track

since I was 18 years old(had a couple electric trucks back then) so I'm not a pro. I had seen

1/5th scale Baja's but never would've spent $2000 to get up and running. I had seen Redcats

a while back but thought they were junk then last year a friend sent me a link to Ebay where

I got my first look at the MT, NICE! I did my research for almost two months while I saved some

money and then I purchased an RTR. I would not have bought it if it was a roller that's for

sure. I wanted it to come with everything, engine, batteries and electrics. I've gotten many

rollers before then but I always try to get an RTR first and then if I like the model I will buy

a roller. In other words, many more people will always want RTR's no matter what size category

so companies have to cater to them. I have yet to break anything on my truck but maybe

that's because I don't beat the hell out of it.

So if Redcat can keep improving the trucks even a little bit while still maintaining mass

appeal then I support them and wish them luck. The more trucks they sell the better it

is going to be for me, better parts support and aftermarket upgrades. It's all about numbers

at the end of the day. More customers means better prices plus more dealers and cheaper

parts that will be readily available, right?

Just the opinion of a regular guy, not a pro... :D

No Moa

I'm going to start saving now, that is a great price, and one that on my single dad budget i think i'll be able to afford.

badboy2

KauseKaos said:
I have to finish my FG MT build first.
i can see youre an MT guy hehee..the one u just got have 4wd or 2wd also?hopefully redcat will come up with 2 speed option..

KauseKaos

badboy2 said:
i can see youre an MT guy hehee..the one u just got have 4wd or 2wd also?hopefully redcat will come up with 2 speed option..
its a 2wd but the 4wd kit is on the way. But a redcat when i'm done would be a nice addition

KauseKaos

4wd FG MT first then the rest will come.I almost bought a v2 before I got the fg but I didn't know too much about them. I saw a pic of the FG and Redcat side by side. I didn't know it was that much bigger. But maybe its a good thing I waited. I really wanna know what's this V3 is all about.

Last edited by a moderator:

KauseKaos

Will the V3 come with the dual steering setup from factory? I think I found a way to get it. Ill just buy it for my girl knowing that ill use it way more then her lol.

badboy2

urchobby in ny sells redcat..if u wanna visit the hs u can see the redcats..he got great prices too.i forgot if hes in brooklyn or coney island part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts