• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage V3 are inbound!!

RampageHopUps

Alright guys, the latest version of Redcat Rampage Monster Trucks and Dunerunners are inbound. We expect them to be delivered at the end of the month. They will include a 26cc motor, and 2.4 Ghx radio installed. Several changes are expected on teh V3 as far as suspension quality, but we will need to verify that when they arrive.

Monster Truck - $699

Dune Runner 4x4 - $659

I will keep you updated when they arrive!!

Monster Truck at RampageHopUps

DuneRunner 4x4 at RampageHopUps

Evildomain

Contributor
Can't wait to see some videos of those 26cc buggies.... :D

What changes have they made to them besides the motor?

fastlane

Team Driver
well shit I have already bought a DM-1 Spec and the wife dares me to buy something else. And not in a nice friendly way either.

hamster huey

Im hoping for a real center diff, stronger outdrives, chassis braces, a cage that protects, solid layshaft, front and rear brakes, stronger chassis, 5lb diet, a CY or Zen. I think thats it. That would really have the competition scared. I love my present ramp. I hope whatever it is their is a cheap upgrade kit with all the hopups for me.

roccos_van

Rob don't you find it frustrating the factory not even telling you what changes have been made?

It seems you are being hung out to dry to explain changes on your own to the end users with seemingly no support from the mfg.

I find this unfair to you as a dealer as you look like the one who does not care when in fact that couldn't be further from the truth.

Martin

I suppose it come with the steel brake hub D shaft, better shock, and probably some minor change here and there.

But for 699$ RTR this is now a very great 4wd 1/5 rc.

Is there a manual already avalaible to see the parts list?

hamster huey

real center diff, stronger outdrives, chassis braces, a cage that protects, solid layshaft, front and rear brakes, stronger chassis, 5lb diet, a CY or Zen.....

RampageHopUps said:
There is no competition for the Redcat now.
If you are looking for a $2,500 race rig, at a $699 price, then you are in the wrong section.
Your spot on about the price thing. A car like that with a few more bits of aluminum for strenght would cost at least $919 and like you said the ramp is $699. We did finally get our aluminum parts machined supposedly with no bearing slop but im not gonna dish out another $50 to find out when Ive been burned already. And we just got a stronger layshaft. Maybe seeing how the price difference is $220 between the "race rig" and the rampage we can get all of the parts seperatly that we have all been asking for? I would pay $220-270 to get the extra "race rig" features.

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

I bet it has the new layshaft and 5mm shocks and maybe the tight bearing aluminum gearplate. I can only hope for more. I really hope everything can be bought in a upgrade package. The young Nutech it seems is stealing a few potential buyers so this is a good time to come out with v3.

RampageHopUps

Yes, the Rampage is now aimed at first time buyers. For the guy who wants to try out 5thscale and not break the bank, this is the best truck out there with full support. its not a cheap clone, and its not full race bread money pit.

The Nutech kind of truck is aimed at the higher priced market with more bells and whistles. Nutech will one day have thier own set of customers apart from Redcat.

Ron E

Contributor
I was hoping for more but I can understand. instead of just slight revisions and staying targeted for the first timer, I wanted a really updated version and I would pay more for it... but I guess that means if you outgrow your rampage or want more you have to look elsewhere. I love my 2 rampages and will keep them, they were my first largescales. now I have aquirred a xtm/firehammer/traveller - marder clone, I may do a little to it but I want the next level of race/bash oriented largescale, soooooo.... i'll keep looking and researching.

but I do believe a slightly revised 1/5 scale mt for 699.00 is awesome, but whats next?

Last edited by a moderator:

grf

if the revised version is in the spirit of the baja v2 then it will be a good thing.

i would not say that a there is anything that would make the rampage a beginner car or a low end car. the only problem with the car is aftermarket support to solve stupid problems imo. nutech is not even close to an advance car (a center diff is not everything) but just a few months on the market the factory offers every bit of the car in an upgraded version. you have a problem with a specific part you buy the upgrade. apart from the arms there is nothing that is worth spending money on for the rampage ( gear carrier that does not hold bearing, gears that you play lotto to win a good set, etc etc).

we do not ask for a perfect or cheap car we just ask for the ability to use a car on the long term.

RampageHopUps

The factory making thier own hop-ups is what drove away the smaller aftermarket guys. Nutech is going to have the same problem. No one is going to take the risk of making cool aftermarket items if the factory has the same machining capabilities.

RampageHopUps

roccos_van said:
Rob don't you find it frustrating the factory not even telling you what changes have been made?
It seems you are being hung out to dry to explain changes on your own to the end users with seemingly no support from the mfg.

I find this unfair to you as a dealer as you look like the one who does not care when in fact that couldn't be further from the truth.
The factory tells Redcat what changes are made, then I wait to verify them. Since I have no financial ownership in either Redcat or HSP, its not unfair to me. I can either sell them or not, very simple.

For instance, I thought eh rollers were going to sell like hotcakes to the Baja guys and people that wanted bigger motors. Guess what, they sold very slowly. The RTR market is huge in 1/5 scale now, why not go after it?

grf

i agree on that.

for every 10 hard core enthusiasts there are probably 100 that just want to get into the hobby. a plug and play solution the way they go. baja was a success for me cause it was a good experience out of the box backed up from a big name ( no i do not believe that the first 5b was a good car)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts