• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage TT radio

RampageHopUps

Go Futaba or risk your Truck. I've seen alot of runaways with Sprektrums. Every year at Duentoberfest you see a Baja just rip over the dunes and then 3 people jump on ATVs to chase it.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
That would suck! Ive heard the horror stories about Spekkys, but my old DX3.0 is still chuggin along flawlessly :)
wow, that's the crappy one I want to replace....I went back to my old 2.0...

My 3.0 is glitching at like 200 ft...really sucks....almost got away once...

hamster huey

Ive tried dx3r, dx2, dx2.0, dx3, dx3.0, losi (all spektrum) and they only worked perfect on 1/10 scale for me. All other scales had range issues, lost bind, locked out, or burnt servos. Airtronics fhss2 for me. Id try futaba too just havent yet.

lightning73

Same here Obeast, I have the Dx3s and have used it for two years without a single problem, I guess were the only two lucky ones.... :rolleyes:

lightning73

Im thinkin I will just keep my opinions to myself from now on, I think I was the first one to mention Spektrum Radios in this thread so I will take all the flack for peoples dislike of them, but I certainly didnt tell anyone to go out and buy one, I let people make their own decisions all I said was Spektrum was the system that I use, and the floodgates opened up for the Spektrum haters.

Obeast44

Banned
Nah man, there are 3 of us that run Spekkys in our largescales in KY. The only run away we've had was me, and it was my fault. I swapped the linkage around and forgot to reset the failsafe. Accidently turned my TX off when i was turning the steering to the right...needless to say this fatboy was chasing his Baja down the side of a riverbank. After that I reset the failsafe correctly and have ran a killswitch ever since.

I know alot of people have had issues with them, that I don't doubt. But like I said earlier, mines chugging along flawlessly :)

hamster huey

lightning73 said:
Yeah I would agree, I have the Spektrum system and it was a no brainer for me cause the Redcat radio is a terd in comparison. Im not too familiar with Airtronics radios but as long as its a 3 channel radio with an fm signal, its probably better than the crappy stock one in my opinion.
don't worry about it I don't think you open the floodgates. What was said was going to be said without you. When people poo-poo spektrum (or Redcat 2.4) they are just sharing an opinion of their own situation. Were all different. Thats why its good to here pros AND cons not just the cons.

You like Spektrum, I like the Redcat 2.4ghz. Ive had at least 5 of them RX,TX sets and they all worked well on many different scales BUT I like having the 3rd channel for the killswitch instead of turning the radio off to kill the engine so I run fhss2. Anything with a working killswtich should be ok even FM synth but be prepared to kill it just in case cuz FM and AM are more suseptable to interference. 2.4 can get interference also but the odds are less.

techrider62

lightning73 said:
Im thinkin I will just keep my opinions to myself from now on, I think I was the first one to mention Spektrum Radios in this thread so I will take all the flack for peoples dislike of them, but I certainly didnt tell anyone to go out and buy one, I let people make their own decisions all I said was Spektrum was the system that I use, and the floodgates opened up for the Spektrum haters.
I appreciate your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

techrider62

hamster huey said:
don't worry about it I don't think you open the floodgates. What was said was going to be said without you. When people poo-poo spektrum (or Redcat 2.4) they are just sharing an opinion of their own situation. Were all different. Thats why its good to here pros AND cons not just the cons.
You like Spektrum, I like the Redcat 2.4ghz. Ive had at least 5 of them RX,TX sets and they all worked well on many different scales BUT I like having the 3rd channel for the killswitch instead of turning the radio off to kill the engine so I run fhss2. Anything with a working killswtich should be ok even FM synth but be prepared to kill it just in case cuz FM and AM are more suseptable to interference. 2.4 can get interference also but the odds are less.
You like and trust the redcat 2.4?

Last edited by a moderator:

racetruck

We are on here to try to help any of you that may be needing some info i myself have been in the hobby from 1994 i got rob64n into the rc action at that time and we have went through alot of cars trucks and radios we enjoy helping all the guys here on the forum. when you tear up a 1000 dollar truck because of a new radio going stuipd you don't like that and we just pass it along to guys here to help you not make the same mistake.

rob64n

Contributor
lightning discussing things on here is what we do, so we all have opinions. when i first bought my rampage i loved the spectrum system. it worked great so i talked my dad(racetruck) into buying one just so happens his was the first bad one, so by that time i have just over a year use on mine when it went bad, it would run 5 min and go into failsafe mode, just thought it was a battery goin bad till i tried another receiver and it worked fine, so it's been every other one has been bad from there on out, i'm not sure how long you have had yours and i wish you luck, just be cautious while driving your truck cause you just never know, and even my lhs has told me they have sent so many of those radios back for repairs, and they have not had issues like that with other radios, so it's not that we are haters, we just like driven our r/c cars without issues beyond our control and don't want to see others have to expirence the same problems, believe me the only thing i hate is when my trucks are down do to a radio issue. hope that clears this subject up a little.

krashkrieg

Contributor
+1 Rob.....I had my DX3.0 for almost a year B4 it went crazy...Don't trust them anymore and have been looking for an affordable used Futaba 3 or 4 PK

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts