• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage TT or MT

androidx1

OK...so i just poste an introduction in the intro forum folder....so now to some meat and potatoes talk about the rampage.

I am considering a roller from DDM, but I cant decide between the TT and MT.

I do not like the body at all on the TT. What I really like is the proline desert rat. with the baja 5T rear tires on all four. I think someone has that body on a electric converted TT. Looked like the body was pretty low on the chasis and I loved the look.

So my question #1 : Are there any differences between the MT and the TT? besides the obvious (body mounts and tires)

My thinking is: If there is no difference, I might as well get the MT because I like the body better on the MT, then I can just change out the tires, and maybe have to modify the body mounts some (id like it to sit lower on the chasis), and I'll have what looks like a stadium truck (this is the look Im after). Also, then if I want the monster truck back, all id have to do is change back to the orriginal tires. then if desired, I can also put the desert rat body on.

That leads m to Question #2: will the desert rat body fit on either the TT or MT, I only saw one on a TT, and in that case, it was an electric converions. Also can it be lowered (or I think someone on here called it slammed).

Finall, my last question #3: is there a tuned pipe that will exit the rear instead of the side....seems like the pipe I am seeing at DDM is on the side, and requires alot of cutting to the body, and I don't like the look.

Thats about it....if anyone can help me with my questions, I think I will be finally ready to bite the bullet and call in my order!!!

Cant wait to see the snow flying from behind this thing!!!

Feeling like a kid before christmas!!!!!

RampageHopUps

If you want the MT tires, then buy the MT. Tires, gearing and body are the only differences.

Its easy to slam them down. The Desert rat will fit both.

You would need a modified pipe from Sprint77 to use the DDM rear dominator. There are several other options that work as well. RDLogics for one.

Sprint 77

Contributor
All I can say is get a Rampage we all will do our best to help you get the performance and look your after.

I still can mod the rear Baja DOM to fit and also do the CPI rear mod. A few others are in the making I have looked at the DDM Fast pipe and think it would be no problem to fit to the Rampage , especially if you were to run the Dune Runner shock tower.

50mph

The DDM side works just fine on the MT with only one area that needs to be grinded and sanded. I have the DDM side and the only place you need to cut out/grind and sand is where the pipe runs near the rear wheel well. You only need to remove a little; if you place the body the MT you will see where it needs to be removed. I can’t speak for the other body type.

Other have cut the top off of the TT and really looks good.

Check out the below

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=2564

If I could have the same pipe for the rear, I would have wanted that type. But since the DDM came with my order (free) it was a easy decision.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts