• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage Study

Evildomain

Contributor
I was using a DDM filter similar to yours but it really sucked for any off-road use no matter

what filter oil I used... :(

I just received two brand new HPI filters that I got for $25 and what a difference.. :)

Maybe someone out there will trade you?

fastlane

Team Driver
scaremonger said:
Are you telling me that i got the wrong air filter????
I did the same thing. HPI filters catch the fine dust particles were as the K&N style doesn't.

scaremonger

by venting my cap, will that stop all the gas from making its way out somehow?

fastlane said:
#1 DO NOT run that filter in dusty situations get a HPI air filter. #2 Sprint77 modified pipe of choice because IMO the side dom is a pain in the a$$. #3 Servos, you need HiTech 615 throttle/brake and a HiTech 5746 steering servo. #4 Vent your gas cap. #5 PB 3rd channel kill switch to keep your investment from becoming scrap. Then get a bad a$$ OBR engine.

max 1

yes by venting it will keep the gas from coming out .my dunrunner is the only one i did,t have to vent.

scaremonger

Ok here is my first Study Result. I don't know how to weight the beast so i don't have those figures. What i do have is results for how it runs in stock mode. I also did not run the MT Tires because they have been spoken for, and don't want wear on them. So with these specs is how this study will begin. I hope you can understand what im trying to type. my english and gramar suck!

Rampage Redcat MT v2

23cc CY

ACE 1015 gas servo

Novansport wheels and tires

stock can with not stinger

twin stearing servo

teaser:

fastlane

Team Driver
scaremonger said:
great answer max 1. but how to vent it.
v8hd0p.jpg

Here's how I did mine. Hope this pic helps. I used 1/4 inch fuel line and a lawnmower filter to keep unwanted dust out. The rubber cap is there because I have an in house hobby room. No fumes

fastlane

Team Driver
scaremonger said:
thanks fastlane. does one of your hose go to the bottom of the tank.
yes I have the inlet line on the bottom and of course the vent on top. I can do donuts tight turns and never lose prime.

scaremonger

UPDATE. I have done a second part to the Study. On this section i have installed a high flow air filter. Also to the equation, a 6000 rpm clutch spring has been added. the spring is very noticeable. The engine dosent bog down anymore on take offs. As for the air filter, well... i never was able to out run the previous set up, witch was the stock air filter. I could only get 26.1mph from this new set up. I did my best to tune the engine.

I ran 100y dashes; Go pro din't work for some reason. as you go on youll see that its starting to die; Is it my technique or does this pig suck at jumping. I aim to fix that; proof that the gopro is toast. it dies before the best part; the truck rolled over a golf ball and lost it.

Issues: A Spring77 addition will be really nice for the performance. having problems on left hand turns with high speed. gas leaks alot. spark plug comes loose easy. front lower arms. servo saver. shock shaft. bumper. gotta do something about the way it jumps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.